free hit
counters
[Ebay-bot]Lotus Turbo Esprit 1982 - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
ebay

[Ebay-bot]Lotus Turbo Esprit 1982

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not sure i like the sounds of no documents and all that no number plate till mot d etc,  But looks an intresting project for someone, between this and the red one on ebay both still crazy money but at least the paintwork looks ok on this one though, well from the photos anyway !   Lot of money to put that one right though, you need someone who loves projects.........Fabian your new project is on ebay, its black but soon to be copper. ! :)

A

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Black is good! :)

If I had the stomach for that big of a project and the lack of documentation I'd be all over that (well, not at that price, but...). Alas I wouldn't even know where to begin. Bet it'll cost a fair few ££££ to get it up to scratch too.

Edited by megalomaniac

How does an interior get that bad! Could be really nice but would cost a fair bit with a lot of work and will always be held back from the lack of any history to date.

• Like 1

Guys

I have spoken to Malc the owner, he is local to me and has a few Esprit's.

The car is from Jersey and he has paid the duties, it is an exUK car and was on a A plate so it's a 1983/1984 car.

He will take an offer but turned down what I put across the table, he does understand the work and money required to restore it but jumping on the boom to see if he gets a bite.

This car is a full body off restoration case I think looking at the condition so going to be a very costly project, great if you want to do a rebuild long term though.

Certainly got to be better than the red car in Wales?

Dave ?

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Yes looks better a lot better than the red car and by the sounds of it has an owner who is a bit more realistic of the kind of work and money these projects cars take to bring back up to a decent standard.  I have a feeling this one will have a happy though unlike the red one. :)

Just had another look at the photos and one thing this car does share with the red one though is the bloody body waist line has been cut back also on this car,:(

• Like 1

A

Well spotted Dan I missed that with the shiny black paintwork. That will de-value it again, I wonder if it has a sunroof as well, looking at the interior it seems to have water damage?

Why do people do this to the Esprit? I like the waist line trim. ?

Dave ?

Do or do not, there is no try! 

I missed it too Dave the first time i looked at the photographs. :blush:  Yes the interiors pretty bad and yes looks like a water leak, have never seen the A pillar trims go that bad on one before though as the material is normally wrapped around the back of the trim !   

The paintwork looks nice in the pictures though, obviously would have to see in person but if its good i can see this is where you could save money. The interior would not worry me, just the cost of the bits for the engine and box. But that said still a lot of work.

A

Also looking at the photos of the pile of bits some are not lotus, the drive shaft is not off this esprit as is some of the exhaust, things like driveshafts are not cheap think they are 100 a pop used of memory and nearly 300 quid new so be very careful when veiwing and pricing up estimated costs. :) 

I think anyone who is considering this project could go and view it and keep the mrs happy with a trip to Devon at the same time :P

A