free hit
counters
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 249 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

6 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

Ok we can all relax the styled by badges and rear light lenses are on the way!

Just need a young sultry looking dark haired french girl for the passenger seat and it's complete.

• Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I am amazed the skis are so stable, especially after all the speculation on here. They are no issue upto 70 mph.I haven't tested any higher yet. In the video I accelerate to 50 mph, the limit for the road. You would not realise ski are attached at this speed. There is no noise or vibration.

• Like 2

Cleaned up the Turbo with skis photo to see more detail. Seems the rear hatch can be opened quite high before the skis hit the roof. 

FYEO LT.jpg

• Like 1

That rear hatch prop doesn't look original, are you on the straight and level Fab! Now the Turbo is finished you might have some time to clean up your garage.🤣

• Haha 1

I think my tailgate strut will suit you down to the ground...well its a bit droopy and only lift about half way. Perfect for you just the job! lol

Well done. It does looks ace. The paint job does look epic.

I am with the others and think you need a space in the number plate. Im not as fussed with the font but was sure pre"A" reg there were 3 characters then the space. I remember when they went back round to A and they gained an extra one.

buddsy

• Thanks 1

I knew a new set of lights would lift the rear - well done @Lotusfab😉

I think we’ve all had a wee part in this marathon project......it’s great seeing it finished. You really need to sort that number plate gap though - I’m almost at the point of ordering them for you myself😂 There must be a way of going back to the company that sold you them and ask them to redo - tell them you got pulled by the boys in blue and need another set with a space in the middle and the outside letters, each side need moved out to the sides👍

• Like 2

As I've mentioned previously these reputable registration plate companies probably will not provide any plate other than what they consider road legal for the age and style required.

I use Polar who make excellent plates and have some styles that others do not, or immitate badly. Their expensive but superior 'Mirrorline' range for instance, used on one of my other cars. However they don't offer any other styles in their 1970s-80s be range as Tippers etc.

Also, some of these companies use the same plate manufacturer. Tippers provide for a couple it seems.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, you will only solve this issue by producing a single graphic using the odd mix of fontS used in the FYEO plate. OR find a company that is prepared to make a up a bespoke design but you'll probably have to ID the fontS used.

NOTE: I used the plural, as this registration number is NOT made up from a single font.

*** End of font advice ***