free hit
counters
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 246 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks Dave. Nearly there on the tuning its within 3 mm but I want it spot on. Morgan carbtune, I had a lot of practice!   Slight oil leak form the rear cam cover on the inlet, easily fixed. I should

Posted Images

They are going to look so much better than the originals when fitted, you so have to get some professional pics done when finished with the S1.

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

You will have to get another project soon, maybe a wetbike as something different but related?

You will get bored without something I’m pretty sure but will give you a year or so to play first 😁

• Haha 1

You will have to get another project soon, maybe a wetbike as something different but related?

You will get bored without something I’m pretty sure but will give you a year or so to play first 😁

What ever happened to this recreation of wet Nellie?

AC04C67C-FFC9-407F-91AD-128FF8FCAFDB.jpeg.6fd6185dc0237bcd106037da1595b865.jpegDDE28259-BCE7-427D-BD20-4070BC72E752.jpeg.102cd3bc526f7edf150bae622bb7b8d7.jpeg

• Like 1

Finally the racks are in my sticky mits, now to fix them to the car! Can’t believe how they turned out, much better finish than the ones I saw in Miami some years back! Really looking forward to fitting them but it will be a slow process.

• Like 2

On the tailgate the usual adage of "measure twice cut once" needs to be "measure 93 times cut once" !

I hope I dont get to hear any loud screams from a roughly southwesterly direction.

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Epic, the colour match is bang on as well! You must be a happy chap Fabian?

Getting there. They are taking a long time to fit. I have inserted metal collars into the top rack. It seems very well fixed I don’t think I need to use foam, but I am still considering it for best practice in my design. I am concerned I can’t measure the expansion very easily and it could push the tailgate apart if not done correctly.

I'm not happy with the sponge foam yet. i’ll get them all on, test the skis and then tweek the design.

• Like 2

I like the foam idea, we cushion all GRP parts during boat building although flexi compound is often used.

Being a show car i can’t see it getting abuse so you should be okay no matter what. The spacers were a good idea as well, they look so much better in paint.

A job in ‘Q’ branch could be on the cards... 😉

• Haha 1

Wow Fabian......caught me by surprise there - they look amazing!😎👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Dare I say it, they look like they’ll be better than the ones I’m the film!😳👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 1

Looks dame rough in comparison, most would walk past it to look at yours I think Fabian.

Now get it out in the light with the skis fitted so we can really see the end result.

• Like 1