free hit
counters
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 250 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

I wouldn’t attempt to open the boot with skis on, its far too heavy and might cause damage! Dave Minter is welcome to come and get a picture done in my car to replicate his first one forty years on!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My luck has really turned. Just got the speedo drive working! I jacked the car up, put it in gear and ran it whilst I messed around. I discovered even with the nylon and brass drive held in by a 9 mm

Posted Images

Jacket sold complete with authentic Dr. No black metal prosthesis.

Cheers

Dr. N:  Medium dry martini, twist of lemon, . .  shaken, not stirred.

Bond:  Vodka?

Dr. N:  Of course! ( in a nasal, high pitched, villainous voice ) 

Roger's briefcase that he lays on the bed at the Miramonti is most likely a Swaine Adeney Brigg- just like the one in "From Russia with Love" and in the novels.

I've had one on order for 3 months and it's ready next week.  

https://www.swaineadeneybrigg.com/products/bond-case

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 11.20.08 am.png

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lotusfab said:

Running real sweet, shame about the plate! 
I finally cracked it today. The was a very slight stumble at 2600 rpm on transition to main jets. I reinstalled my 43 idle jets (from 40) and its running perfectly! I look forward to doing 1000s of miles! Its been a long process but I am finally happy, apart from the plate!
AE77159F-00AC-4012-8233-A4F4375C82C4.thumb.png.9fee9f0e55af3242a05e83dcd5b1fdca.png

D404674D-27E5-4A0D-A5C0-7A068D2C1F0F.thumb.png.e6e933b8fa80d390d95336b0c3daf95e.png

I think you can sign off on the "D" check now Fab, all clear for your next adventure.

• Like 1

Good work Fabian - that’s as near as it ever needs to be and well worth the effort. This one in truth won’t be noticed.....which is exactly the way you want it to be!😉👏🏻
Well done yet again👍

• Like 1

Thanks Stephen. I still have a few jobs to do. I used a Hunter systemto measure the camber, caster and Toe on the S1 then maths and a laser spirit level to shim the chassis. The car ride is perfect and it makes it very noticeable the Turbo needs setting up. This time I am goingbto use the Lotus factory and F1 method. I have a selection of shims. I will be using two poles, 4 jacks and some fishing line with weights. Since this method is still used by racing teams today and the procedure is laid out in the manual I think it will be more that good enough to set up the Turbo suspension. I already had some of it done,  but not the rear toe. They also made an error with the front toe setting. Which I ended up correcting with my Trac ace. I will report back the results. 

• Like 2

Not Lotus but Bond related. I made the book that was sold with the DB5 from "GoldenEye" The car sold at auction for £1.9million, the book covered the history of this particular DB5, I hand made the book, and case. 

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2151.JPG

• Thanks 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"