Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Drones... - Page 4 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Drones...

Bibs

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still waiting on mine to be repaired after 6 weeks, when it fell out of the sky for no reason :( 

not the best company to deal with for any warranty work. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Bit late to this thread but grabbed this from your video Bibs - £880k and you're effectively on an upmarket council scheme with a view from your front door right into the back of another house!  And wowser, look at that traffic!

I really don't know how you guys stand it down there, and I am guessing Ryarsh is good value compared to say Surrey.  Looks a lovely part of the world and I enjoyed visiting for the xmas "do" last year but jeez, house prices are eye watering...

Loving the drone footage and this is really making me think I should get one.

Wowser.jpg

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

That's the new development just outside the village mate, black arrow on the left, I'm under the other arrow behind the trees and we're much more spaced out, although not much cheaper. More importantly, my local which is an excellent pub is under the red arrow, 62 paces door to door for me :)

Prices are nuts around here though, no denying that. Our village is at a bit of a premium too as the primary school is very highly rated.

imageproxy.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Lovely location @Bibs indeed. I find that the older houses do give you more space, inside and out, but it seems that more and kore of us want to live on a little square plot on a scheme - low maintenance houses and gardens are traded against decent views and privacy.

I'm a bit spoilt where I live, the village has around 40 houses, a primary school, 1 letter box, a public phone box and lots of empty space!

Here's my home, and a second view looking south from the hill just over my back fence. Some fine Lotus driving roads here too....   I would say the local country side is perfect for Drone flying too!

Abernyte looking east.jpg

Autumn colours from Kirkton Hill Abernyte.jpg

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Did it just die in the air? Loose battery?

They were shit awful to deal with over the launch, I'm glad mine's not gone wrong yet (touches wood!). 

Just died in the air after 5 mins flying, still 70% battery.  Have all the logs and video cache to prove I did nothing wrong, didn't hit any obstacles etc.  In debate with DJI as they initially tried to charge me £290 for repair down to "pilot error". When challenged they then asked for all the logs and video, so now under review.   God knows how long it will take 

Either way taken the fun out of purchase due to poor customer service. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• 4 weeks later...

Finallly got mine back after nearly 2 months and numerous chase emails. DJI tried to charge me £290 for repair , at which point I challenged them with all the flight logs and video cache to prove pilot error. Only after I threatened legal action did they fix for free under warranty as drone was faulty. 

Great drone but terrible customer service.  If anyone is considering one  take the above  into account and only buy via amazon, as at least they will support a full refund if faulty. Apple were hopeless and passed the buck. 

Have you ever looked at drone racing....the guys are amazing.  This FPV from some derelict building shows the skill of some of these pilots 

• Like 1