Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Drones... - Page 9 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Drones...

Bibs

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

Took some pics for an architect a couple of weeks ago. With the correct implementation of the permissions we're given by the CAA, it's quite easy to safely fly in congested areas.

DJI_0025.jpg

DJI_0017.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 3 weeks later...

This was an interesting job on Tuesday. Working for a surveyor, we photogrpahed 119 hectares of building site to measure with very good accuracy all of the stockpiles on site. 

Around 1,200 images...

7dc14875-63fa-490e-bcdb-216d497d02be.jpg

Turns into this point cloud map with 16,000,000 datapoints...

ef843b9e-2cda-4301-9def-7eaee1bc503c.jpg

Which looks like this a little closer. These aren't photos but the millions of points all of which can be used for measurement datum. 

b5d97231-7197-4f5f-b23d-c08eb91fd497.jpg

ba08cf57-3c76-4254-90c9-d67113237863.jpg

7dd9fa91-cc20-47cf-897f-ffb18d39f119.jpg

It needs to be run through 4 more software packages to improve accuracy yet but here's a rough volume measurement just from the pics..., it's not bad!

Untitled.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

:lol:

The investigation into Gatwick has just been closed. £790,000 it cost. Not one suspect, not one picture of a drone. 

I wonder if the airport would have sold for more later than week than the £2.9bn it fetched if that story hadn't happened! 

youtube fashion GIF

30 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I wonder if the airport would have sold for more later than week than the £2.9bn it fetched if that story hadn't happened! 

Ah but, just as importantly, how many anti-drone systems have been sold to airports since the Gatwick episode, eh? ;)

West Sussex council has had a £36,000 drone for 18 months and has never flown it. Wonder why they bought it in the first place ,perhaps they might sell it @bibs

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

What sort of a drone costs that much? That's the price of a car. :shock:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

(the General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper is even more expensive actually!)

Seriously there are some dji products which are not super cheap (I just found the Inspire 2 Cinema Premium for instance —a bit more than 23000€ apparently)

Edited by Giniw

I've got the Inspire 2 but with the cheaper camera. The cinema pack camera (x7s) is £14k just for that part! Then there's the Apple ProRes licence, SSD drive and reader (both another £1k each!).