free hit
counters
Drones... - Page 11 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Drones...

You might be right, had this one through the other day... BVLOS is very new and will take a lot to get it cleared for safety by the CAA.

Temporary Danger Areas:  English Channel, 2 December 2019 - 31 March 2020

A Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) will carry out operational flights in the area of the English Channel between 2 December 2019 and 31 March 2020. As the aircraft will be operating Beyond Visual Line of Sight and has no Detect and Avoid capability a number of Temporary Dangers Areas (TDA) will be established.

Required Danger Areas will be notified by NOTAM.

TDA activations will also be announced on London Centre 121.5MHz and London Flight Information Service 124.75MHz .

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

mars attacks laser gun GIF

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Was driving home from a roofing job today and the sunset was looking rather good. I'd have liked to have been there a few mins earlier but pleased with these...

20191209-DJI_0029-HDR.jpg

20191209-DJI_0039-HDR.jpg

20191209-DJI_0049-HDR.jpg

20191209-DJI_0049-HDR-2.jpg

20191209-DJI_0069-HDR.jpg

20191209-DJI_0074-HDR.jpg

20191209-DJI_0099-HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Evora NA

Me too @march! Was born in Chatham and lived there as a youngster! 

• Like 1

Evora NA

I get my cars MOT'd in Wigmore! 

I was born in All Saints and have many happy memories of sliding down the Connie Banks out the back of my house on bits of cardboard!! 

Evora NA

17 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Connie Banks out the back of my house on bits of cardboard!! 

Wow - Used to do exactly the same but at the Darland banks on a Morris Minor bonnet, just a little bit further on. This is bringing back some happy memories.

Thinking about it I probably walked and cycled past the back of your house on a regular basis.

On 06/12/2019 at 08:54, Chillidoggy said:

A possible explanation - I read this morning that the authorities are seriously considering the use of drones or un-manned aircraft to monitor small boats packed with illegals trying to get to the UK. 

https://www.commercialdroneprofessional.com/drones-will-track-migrants-crossing-english-channel/

Evora NA

14 hours ago, Bibs said:

I was thinking that it seems like a slightly logistical nightmare given that battery life is not that long?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

:thumbup:

Evora NA

If you wanted to know how confusing this industry (and hobby!) has become and will further become in June next year when EASA rules are adopted, watch this! 

Evora NA

On 15/12/2019 at 03:21, ramjet said:

I was thinking that it seems like a slightly logistical nightmare given that battery life is not that long?

The company I work for flies a fleet of unmanned, fixed wing drones to inspect the high voltage transmission cables and gantries/towers across the Austrian Alps. Flying over the channel will be easy....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I'm aware of fixed wing drones. I was working on the fact that they show a DJI Phantom in the article.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Being very sympathetic to those who have flooded, but also interested in how the area looked, here's Teston, Yalding and the caravan park appropriately named 'Little Venice' close to me. 

20191222-DJI_0020-HDR.jpg

20191222-DJI_0026.jpg

20191222-DJI_0054-HDR.jpg

20191222-DJI_0045-HDR.jpg

20191222-DJI_0036-HDR.jpg

20191222-DJI_0039-HDR.jpg

• Sad 3

Evora NA

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!