free hit
counters
Drones... - Page 2 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fancied trying to get some sunset shots this afternoon, wasn't disappointed! 

Popped down to Manston Airport today, it's pretty grim if you're a lorry driver! https://www.espritdroneservices.co.uk/4000-lorries-at-manston-airport-december-2020/    

Out of a large group of approx 25% of all UK PfCO holders, I just won 'best pic' from around 40 entries! Woohoo!

Posted Images

Ordered on the 28th Sept so exaclty that, but only £125 as a 10% pre-order deposit. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

:thumbsup:

I'm spending a lot of time on http://mavicpilots.com/ - tonnes of useful info on there :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I've had the Mavic for over a week now and put in a few simple flights. It's very competent.

The aircraft itself is very stable and the camera is remarkable for its size. It suffers a little from a fairly low video data rate, but it was never going to be "broadcast quality" at the price and size. Speaking of which, it's smaller than a bag of sugar!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

What is the feedback so far on this drone? Good value and is it capable of anything commercial? I am throwing around an idea over here in Geelong.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Mine's still not been delivered...

Evora NA

Bugger! Any idea when?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

It was meant to be 21 days when I ordered it in Sept! 

Evora NA

Any news Bibs?

Bloody hell! Don't tell Bibs then.

• Like 1

:blobfire:

But congrats Kim, I hope you're having fun with it! 

Evora NA

I guess that's the downside to using a middle man instead of ordering direct from DJI. I assume DJI will be priorising their orders first over those of a reseller?

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

There's been tonnes of discussion on this and statements from DJI but basically they said they'd supply suppliers at the same time as they sent out their pre-orders. 

The reality is that they launched this earlier than planned to piss on Go-Pro's fire as a week before they'd launched the Karma (which is now no longer for sale and all have been recalled). Production wasn't ready and despite being a £1bn company they've not been able to ramp it up. 

I ordered from Heliguy (and still have my order & deposit with them) as I'd rather support a local company and they are much better in terms of customer service than DJI if anything were to go wrong. 

I will NEVER again though buy a DJI product, the company are not the sort of firm I want to support via my wallet. 

Evora NA

I wasn't expecting to see your last comment Bibs.

Do you consider them to be that bad?

I've been waiting over 3 months for a product that was meant to be on a 3 week lead time when I ordered. The company have lied about why it's late and don't give a toss about their customers, letting 10's if not 100's of thousands of people down. While it's a shame their unrivalled in terms of their equipment and that my not ordering anything else from them will have no difference to them, I'll feel better for it. 

Evora NA

@BibsSorry to hear of all your troubles with your order.

When i ordered it they checked my creditcard but left the money on my account until shipment.

Sure i read about all the misleading statments from DJI but as there is no real alternative i went on ordering one.

Could it be that your company are in trouble with DJI of which you know nothing about? Just wondering ...

Anyway Bibs, you can have my Mavic since i am in no hurry.

/Kim

/Kim 

That's super kind of you mate, thank you! I'll see what comes now xmas is out of the way, will be calling Heliguy shortly to find out where they're at. They've had a load of Phantom 4 Pro's in (they offered me one!) so seem to still be in with DJI. 

• Like 1

Evora NA

Reading on the other forum that you posted earlier Bibs, a lot of people got sent P4P's from Amazon when they had ordered a Mavic. I can't understand how Amazon could get it messed up like that?

Does seem like it all got very messy.

Quite a few got P3's too then amazon would refund and tell them to reorder the Mavic, which was since gone up £100 and would push them to the back of the pre-order queue! 

Evora NA

• 2 weeks later...

You'd almost want to tell them that the P3 or P4P got lost in the mail and sell it on yourself.

So have you got your Mavic yet?

• 4 weeks later...

Bibs, you're not going to tell us that you don't have it yet, surely?

• Bibs changed the title to Drones...