free hit
counters
Drones... - Page 8 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Drones...

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

I was toying with the idea of getting a van but decided instead to stick with the car for now until I'm making much more money from the drone work. Are these magnetic signs for when I'm working a good idea or a bit shit?

You probably need to establish: What's the purpose for the panels?

For example If it's to advertise whilst driving and get more work, then it means having something almost permanent that has no real risk of damaging the car's paint. If it's to advertise only when stationery while you're doing a job then magnetic would be OK as long as you took precautions.

Any sign of that nature is going to make the car a more attractive target for thieves, so permanent / attached during day to day driving would increase the chance of returning to your car having been in the supermarket etc, only to find a lot of shattered glass on the floor, irrespective of whether  drone was in the car at the time or not.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, Bibs said:

I was toying with the idea of getting a van

Get a pickup and launch from the bed....

I would have thought that was just Bibs going promptly from one job to another?

Oh dear. Shall I buy some red duct tape for the edges?! 

your sign would look great with an aerial shot as the background rather than the plain red. :) 

I did try that but it looked a little messy I thought. It's going on a red car too, the pantone is a match to the cars paint (hopefully!). 

I'm now a volunteer for 'Drone SAR for Lost Dogs UK' and have been out on 2 searches so far. While I was unsuccessful myself in locating the dogs they were found. The organisation (a facebook group!) made it into the news recently too. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47252655?fbclid=IwAR3Jyy6vwcnVCKcyrIvkA-RszaBCyIAcyUe8C6t5ifLnqaw0KrNlmA4V6mo

• Like 1

Did a roof inspection yesterday looking for leaks. Whole job took less than 30 mins! 

They'd also had contractors in late last year to paint the roof and after this are on the phone to them making sure them come back and finish the job they were paid for!! No-one thought to check their work but obvs Friday afternoon early finish was their priority rather than nipping out for one more tin of paint!! 

DJI-21032019-6.jpg

DJI-21032019-7.jpg

• Haha 2

Nice sunset the other day over a local pub and church in Shipbourne. 

DJI_0027-HDR.jpg

DJI_0022-HDR.jpg

• Like 2

is that a private house

It is indeed. Recently for sale and infact I think it’s being raffled as is currently the trend for these things (and then the scam is they give a cash prize instead)

They were given a shed ton of cash recently to do it up (it used to be a swingers venue I think!) from the Lottery on the condition it would be open to the public for a small number of days each year. The cash and renovation happened but I don't believe the public access did. 

Proud as punch to see so much of my work last year in the Crest Nicholson Annual Integrated Report :blush:

Untitled.png

https://www.crestnicholson.com/-/media/about us/integrating sustainability/our documents/crest nicholson air 2018 web.pdf?la=en

So do you still use your Mavic much or is it mostly your Inspire now?

Mavic hasn't been in the air since June last year. All my commercial work is done with the I2, the camera is about 100 times better! 

Talking of which, took the Mavic out for a bit this afternoon to get my hours up for CAA renewal. It's still a very capable bit of kit! 

DJI_0029-HDR-2.jpg

DJI_0024-HDR.jpg

DJI_0071-HDR.jpg