free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit - Page 2 - Wanted - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Esprit

cbclotus

2 minutes ago, PhilW said:

Paul

I know someone that still owns an E type but it is in Beaulieu.  I believe they maintain it to a degree but it is still his.  If he wants to use it he has to give a bit of notice and he can go and get it.  If the cash is not required could be an option but remains yours.

Nick Mason (Pink Floyd drummer?) has a collection of cars kept at Beaulieu on a similar arrangement I believe.He spends a lot of time on the road and can't maintain them easily so lets them look after them for him. I don't desperately need the money I just don't enjoy driving and owning it as much as I did restoring it. So it's a possibility depending upon whether they even want an S1 - or already have one?

2 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Well done Paul I can see you are doing your usual great job, it seems to be coming along really well and will be worth the effort when done.

Are you going to stay with red or is that not the original colour?

Dave ?

It was originally carmen red and I was planning on keeping it original but it also had red leather as the interior and I think that's too much red. So I was going to do the interior in black.

• Like 1

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don't believe beaulieu have any early Esprit's Paul so that would be a great place to keep it.

Red really suits the E-Type and with you on the black interior which should look fantastic. Is it a 4.2?

Dave ?

Do or do not, there is no try! 

10 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

I don't believe beaulieu have any early Esprit's Paul so that would be a great place to keep it.

Red really suits the E-Type and with you on the black interior which should look fantastic. Is it a 4.2?

Dave ?

I'll send them an e-mail. A while back I did ask another museum near Coventry (can't remember which one) but they didn't want it.

Yes it's a 4.2 1965 FHC original RHD. I'm only the 3rd owner but it's been off the road since 1978. At some point in its life somebody has tried to restore it by brazing panels onto it and made a real mess. When I got it the inner and outer sills weren't actuall joined together down the length and you could run a paint scraper between the panels all the way down where they should have been spot welded every inch or so. So I've bitten the bullet and cut it all out and started again.

10 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

When I last went - a few years ago - they had a James Bond set up with a car or two

Well I suppose they could always put a false number plate on it and add it to their Bond collection. Most people would never know...

• Like 2

I offered them my car but they didn't want it as they already have an Esprit in their collection - oh well...

• Gold FFM
On 28/09/2016 at 18:35, cbclotus said:

well guys if you don't ask you don't get .Any one selling a 4 cylinder esprit.Please let me know if you are.There done it .Hope the Mrs does not see it ....Mike

Surprised it took you this long to miss your silver one! Hope you find a good one soon. :)

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Haynes motor museum in Somerset didn't have an Esprit when I went a couple of years back.

If anyone hasn't been there yet, it's a must for car enthusiasts, much bigger collection than Beaulieu, not so many famous cars but a classic and supercar paradise.

• Like 1

I don't think cars get looked after in museums. They'll have some 80 year old volunteer dusting them with a brillo pad.

Someone posted a video of a museum in Germany with top notch exotica, and the paint holograms were shocking.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Yes the roll cage is a fantastic fit along with what can be seen of the racing modifications, it is a very special Esprit and I am sure Mike can provide the real details. The car is in the motorsport section of the Haynes museum but unfortunately due to space is really squashed in making proper viewing impossible.

This is the only Esprit in the collection with a few other Lotus cars elsewhere.

IMG_1854.JPG

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 3 weeks later...
On September 28, 2016 at 09:35, cbclotus said:

well guys if you don't ask you don't get .Any one selling a 4 cylinder esprit.Please let me know if you are.There done it .Hope the Mrs does not see it ....Mike

There is a guy in Pleasanton CA that has a 1977 Lotus Esprit, has around 50K miles, ran when parked. I was about to buy it when I found one a little less far off. If you are interested send me an email and I will have the guy call you.  [email protected] 

untitled-53.jpg

untitled-50.jpg

untitled-49.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I have a 1977 Lotus Esprit for sale if you're still interested. It's originally white, has 23xxx miles, the transmission just got lubed and adjusted, and part of the interior is done. It's a project but it's definitely worth restoring and has lots a potential with some work. It's located in Canada so I'm asking $14,000 Cad, which is aroung 9850 euros but I'm open to offers. 

lotus1.PNG

lotus4.PNG

lotus3.PNG