free hit
counters
Brake rotors & pads needed - Help? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Brake rotors & pads needed - Help?

I have a 1991 Esprit 2.2L SE.

It's an American car, imported into Canada.

I need to replace the pads and possibly rotors. The pads I'm looking to order are EBC DP2885. Are these the right pads?

Anyone know what rotors in the aftermarket world to order?

Thanks,

Kevin.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If they are the standard front rotors then they are a Toyota item ditto pads, so upgrades are fairly wide open for choice. Looking at that EBC no they look like the rear pads, so are the same a the Elise and Vauxhall VX220, I'd suggest avoiding greenstuff, rotors I cannot recall the donor.

34 minutes ago, andydclements said:

If they are the standard front rotors then they are a Toyota item ditto pads, so upgrades are fairly wide open for choice. Looking at that EBC no they look like the rear pads, so are the same a the Elise and Vauxhall VX220, I'd suggest avoiding greenstuff, rotors I cannot recall the donor.

The 91 esprit has the same rear pads as the Elise and VX220?

Any idea what Toyota the standard brakes are from?

Thanks

The Toyota were used on the MA61, drawing of front disc , but also used on many others.

Ah,rear pads, maybe I'm thinking of the vented discs having the same padsas Elise, have a look on sjsportscars, compare the ones you have.

Some examples of upgrades for the front. As to pads, Mike (who owns  Lotusbits) who rallys cars recommends Mintex M1144 as the compound.

https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/automotive/toyota/celica-supra/2.8-(MA61)-1981-1984/55353

1 hour ago, andydclements said:

The Toyota were used on the MA61, drawing of front disc , but also used on many others.

Ah,rear pads, maybe I'm thinking of the vented discs having the same padsas Elise, have a look on sjsportscars, compare the ones you have.

Some examples of upgrades for the front. As to pads, Mike (who owns  Lotusbits) who rallys cars recommends Mintex M1144 as the compound.

https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/automotive/toyota/celica-supra/2.8-(MA61)-1981-1984/55353

Awesome, thank you very much for the info.

I'll compare the discs to mine.

i can't get over how helpful everyone on this forum is.

Thanks again!

• Like 1