free hit
counters
1991 Esprit brake specs needed - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

1991 Esprit brake specs needed

Hello,
I need the brake rotor specs for a 1991 esprit, my Ontario, Canada inspector cannot find the specs so I can have vehicle inspected for it's safety and license plates.
Thanks for any info!
Edited by Devilish

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What specs? Dimensions, braking performance, something else?

This any use?

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EModels/SE.html

Edit: if it's thing like minimum  thickness please advise if it's these diameter discs.

44 minutes ago, andydclements said:

What specs? Dimensions, braking performance, something else?

This any use?

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EModels/SE.html

Edit: if it's thing like minimum  thickness please advise if it's these diameter discs.

Yeah sorry, I should have been more specific, although the specs you sent also helped me with another issue :)

I need the minimum thickness for the rotors and pads, it is for the size rotors listed above.

Thanks.

I don't have the Esprit manual to hand, perhaps another person does but the Excel uses the same front brakes and specifies a minimum front pad thickness of 2mm or 0.08in (new = 10.5mm or 0.41in).

Front disc minimum 19mm or 0.748in (new = 20mm or 0.787 in).

Rears are different to the Excel so hopefully somebody could look in the Esprit workshop manual.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I can confirm and complete Andy's figures (for a '90 SE, should be the same as '91):

2mm/2.5mm minimum pad thickness front/rear

19mm/11mm minimum disc thickness front/rear (from 20mm/12mm new) with maximum runout 0.15mm/0.20mm and 0.015mm maximum thickness variation

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

5 hours ago, Escape said:

I can confirm and complete Andy's figures (for a '90 SE, should be the same as '91):

2mm/2.5mm minimum pad thickness front/rear

19mm/11mm minimum disc thickness front/rear (from 20mm/12mm new) with maximum runout 0.15mm/0.20mm and 0.015mm maximum thickness variation

Perfect, thank you!