free hit
counters
High idle - Page 2 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Doulou

High idle

Beleive they are listed on here - under the ffm benefits section bit.... 

@Bibs is that right ??

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think only the parts lists can be found under the FFM benefits.

@Doulou, did you get the issue sorted?

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I know it 's a different car, but just had the same issue on an M100. Started bt replacing the CTS which made a huge difference, then went through the vacuum pipes one at a time and actually found two faulty ones. One had a split where it connected t a hard pipe, the second had all perished. Idle RPM now gone from 1200 back to 900.

This was done after paying a first time visit to Craig Moncreif the Lotus man in Edinburgh to have all the belts changed as I couldn't get it done myself. Great service form this guy and at a competitive price. Supply and fit all three belts, change oil filter again as I wanted a fresh one after cover 300 odd miles after the car had been standing for 6 years, although I had fitted a new one when she was flushed, just thought it would be a good plan while they had access. Total cost under £300 quid and that was with 5 hrs labor I was impressed with there professionalism. The guys even took time to give me a few pointers on how I could further improve the little Greenie which I did the following day and had a call to see if all went ok.

Barry, you just know you are not getting that car. Oh and the little rescued Green Elan is now going to a new home with a first time Lotus owner so another good result.

• Like 1

Afternoon guys,

Still working on it, but making progress!!!! Although I have been at this point before so I am going to see how it goes over the next week or two but fingers crossed, however I can say its not vacum related. I will let you all know in the next week or so.

Cheers