free hit
counters
EX 460 - tomorrow is the day - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
NW76

EX 460 - tomorrow is the day

31 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

I would love to see a road and track test of this ex460 upgrade up against the ssc tsv1900 supercharger upgrade. 

Does anyone in Europe have the ssc upgrade?

Hoffmans have installed in the UK was promised a review being published to include track and road but still not heard anything more ?

www.alias23.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Firstable congrats!! Its a pleasure to read those lines of joy and satisfaction!!

that was a 2011 or 2016 C63?? 

6 hours ago, Xisthos said:

On the subject of the suspension, you said that it was more comfortable than the stock suspension. I am currently on the old "Race Pack" suspension which is now standard on the 350, comprising of Bilsteins and Eibachs. Did you come from this? Do you find that the small bumps and imperfections are dealt with in a better way?

6 hours ago, Freejack said:

Maybe a short comment from my experience with suspension update. Shocks on a higher lever are running with less internal friction, this give sometimes the feeling, that even you are going with higher spring rates, the damper feels "softer". In real it isn't softer, it's just faster.

If it would be softer, it would be a step back, because from my point of view, the V6S suffers because of too soft suspensions on the rear axle. This brings understeer when accelerating after the apex of a corner.

Norbert, it would be fine, if you, after some more rides, you could come back to this with some more detailed informations about "harder" and "softer" dampers.

Hi Guys,

I was on the race pack suspension with max camber before, yes. The Oehlins is much harder / stiffer than standard ... I have much less car movement / compression when breaking hard or accelerating ... 

I think its exactly what you wrote Frank...

Very happy so far with it and very curious to see what it will do on track...

46 minutes ago, Dani said:

Firstable congrats!! Its a pleasure to read those lines of joy and satisfaction!!

that was a 2011 or 2016 C63?? 

It was the previous model not the current one ... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alias23 said:

Hoffmans have installed in the UK was promised a review being published to include track and road but still not heard anything more ?

If you end up going that route just be careful that you do it with someone who really knows what they are doing and that has done at least a couple successfully... I know a guy in Switzerland who went that route with a Tuner in Austria and ended up in a never ending nightmare...

6 hours ago, LF1 said:

Great stuff. Nice to see someone doing the upgrades after getting the most from the factory setup. 

I'm interested to know before and after times at Spa as it's a circuit I know. What kit are you using to time?

Enjoy your driving!

My comparison Spa times wont be fair - I was there only once (my first time ever) and I only had the morning dry on Corsas (not Trofeo) in traffic... ended up with a very low 3 min time ... 

With two more days there this year and hopefully better weather I hope to get closer to the cars potential.

I know that a good driver (not a pro) can supposedly do a 2:42 time in the EX460 ...

My Bilster Berg time will be a much better comparison - I think I am within a couple of seconds of the standard V6 CRs potential (for an amateur driver) there with my 1:581 ... hope I can break 1:55 with the EX460 ... Track Record for street legal cars is 1:467 ...

I have a XGPS150 and use Harrys Laptimer to time ... works very well ...

6 hours ago, NANO said:

Norbert congratulations for everything: for the preparation but mainly this first description that you have given us:

I think the C63 AMG owner has already looked at the links, prices and Lotus model could buy :lol:

Anyway thanks for the next updates that you will give us ... we are waiting to know ... to know ...

Alles gute und viel viel Spass ...

Thanks!!! Will keep you posted!

• Like 1

Congrats Norbert...sounds good. Maybe i drive the Bilster Berg in two weeks. Now i know to push hard?

• Like 1

Hey hey ... two weeks? Let me know when - maybe I can make it as well ... anyway wanted to find out, if the KT Exhaust is going to worl there w/o getting black flagged ?

No - I still have the standard exhaust ... but @Win911 has it on his Exige ... I would go for it if I knew it would work on my home track (Bilster Berg) that has quite strict noise limits ...

On 08/10/2016 at 15:02, NW76 said:

If you end up going that route just be careful that you do it with someone who really knows what they are doing and that has done at least a couple successfully... I know a guy in Switzerland who went that route with a Tuner in Austria and ended up in a never ending nightmare...

Seems to be the case with any modifying - it can sometimes not all go to plan

Agree - in my experience if you do those type of deep mods you need somebody that knows both "software" and "hardware" ... not easy to find - most just now where the OBD Plug is and how to upload new Software but have no clue of programming in case it doesnt work out of the box ...

@farook is yours meanwhile up ad running or do you still have issues?

Farook: great news!!! I hope for 2-3 more Trackdays this year to really test the full potential... I keep my fingers crossed that weather permits ... 

I also heard that Hangar 111 does the Charge Cooler usually a little different than KT - yours sits "in" the large front bumper air intake - right?

Cheers

Norbert

Thanks Norbert!! Yeap me too with track testing else just honing on roads...

yes in the front - I didn't realise this was different to KT... Do you know why the difference and benefits...? I will ask Greg.

3 hours ago, farook said:

yes in the front - I didn't realise this was different to KT... Do you know why the difference and benefits...? I will ask Greg.

I am not really sure which way is better - KT asked me, if I wanted to try the "other" way, as they have gotten very good feedback from Hangar 111 and are considering to change ... I ended up sticking with the "traditional" way as they have done all there testing that way and have many installations out running very well ... so why play with it? but I was tempted as yours might be even more efficient ...

Frank: its still the same system only the location of the "cooler" is different ... I will show you what I mean when I am back from vacation and I make it up to you for a coffee ?

• Like 1

Hope you don't mind Norbert - add comments on your thread as this is after thread...

Day 2 - dry roads, dpm set to Race and full throttle application - WOW! This is just so bloody amazing and addictive - I am so loving this upgrade and falling in love with my car even more.... Can't wait for a hooning trip and or track day - hopefully both soon.

Guys those of you who are undecided - don't wait do it, you will have no regret and  you will be totally thrilled. This what the Exige cup should have been all about.

• Like 2

Farook: hey - very much appreciated.

you got it ... I have the same feelings ... my Exige before was great, very fast and lots of fun ...but now ... you can not describe it ... its blody amazing and you now really have to fear none ... even on pure straight line performance ...

Yes it is ... engine mod, breaks and suspension are all street legal and "TÜV eingetragen"

The difference in the pre-cooler is mainly in ease of installation - I doubt there is much in it in terms of performance.

@farook Glad you are finally able to enjoy the upgrade as it should be. :)

Dave

Norbert & Farook Im sold!

I think I will do this upgrade next summer!

Farook hope to see you soon mate and glad you've now got it back after all that time!

Norbert enjoy its sounds like true animal and super car eater!

Have a good weekend 

Drew ?

• Like 2

Drew do it before the summer so you have the full season to use/enjoy...

see you soon, best, f

@farook FYI, you can't have a chargecooler before the supercharger. You can only cool down towards ambient temperature not below it, unless you use some form of refrigeration. So you always cool after the compression, so that you have heat in the charge that "wants" to move into the cooler fluid.