free hit
counters
EX 460 - tomorrow is the day - Page 5 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
NW76

EX 460 - tomorrow is the day

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 minute ago, Freejack said:

This would be a bad idea, because than Munich police dept. is awaiting you. And Munich is well known for their way of acting with "criminal drivers" or illegal equipment. Even they just consider it is illegal, it's just a mess.

But then, Bavaria isn't part of Germany. In fact, Munich is closer to Sarajewo than Hamburg.:sofa:

As we say here, everything south of the Elbe is Northern Italy.

Just now, Snoopy1969 said:

@TBD no TÜV for the exhaust does not matter to you?

No, it will have TüV! Everything except the tune will need it. That wing alone will gain sufficient attention from the blue men group

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

@TBD tell Daniel if he makes me a special price on that AIM - I might get it ? ... for track stuff its great ...

If you are looking for a 2 DIN Nav System - I know someone that does it very professionally...

IMG_1370.JPG

Hi norbert, 

I'm very interested ! I even bought few months ago the OEM central part, in order to see how to modify it for 2 Din (like in the Tesla Roadster), but gave up ... some structural aluminium dashboard has to be cut, though ...

I will send you a PM with a contact in Germany - they did the above ...

2 hours ago, NW76 said:

@TBD tell Daniel if he makes me a special price on that AIM - I might get it ? ... for track stuff its great ...

If you are looking for a 2 DIN Nav System - I know someone that does it very professionally...

IMG_1370.JPG

That's a very nice install

1 hour ago, NW76 said:

I will send you a PM with a contact in Germany - they did the above ...

Looks great, would it be wrong to post up their contact details publicly? I'm interested myself...

Its M.A.S. Style in Germany http://www.mas-style.de/ - they are a Lotus Dealership.

Frank Jacobs is the best guy to contact there you can say hello to him from me ... 

But I doubt that this is cheap ... I would guess 2k plus ... I didnt do it, as I do not need Navigation it in my Exige ... I much rather have the AIM Race Display ... 

Bibs: if this is against policy - just delete it  ?

Also just found it on the SSC site. Bit rich for me just now, more pressing upgrades in the pipeline ?

4 hours ago, NW76 said:

Congrats Thomas!!! Welcome to Exige ownership. If you have not driven the EX460 Kit in an Exige be prepared for some serious excitement - I was easily able to keep up with a 458 Speciale on Kemmel Straight in Spa ?

By the way: I loved the car when I saw it at EMS on Sunday.

You even already have the AIM race display! I am seriously tempted by that...

Best of luck with this exciting car

Norbert

How about the gearbox and understeer? 

I drive quiet intense with the Exige and this two issues makes me a bit unsure about going for the 460......... 

Any experience yet on this?

Understeer got a lot better with the Oehlins Track and proper Setup. Even a good friend of mine who races BMW Challenge and drove the car before and after, said that the Setup is a big improvement.

On the gearbox we will see what happens but its probably fair to say that a gearbox oil cooler will really make sense ... I will get one installed over the Winter...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TBD said:

I'm going to delete the AIM display. It only has a 5" screen, which is smaller than my Smartphone:o But, I'm working on a much better solution!

And by better solution do you mean standard binnacle plus tesla styled double din ICE /air vents now available courtesy of SSC?

Just checked a couple of posts above and I'm late to the party it seems... Gosh you exige drivers/forumers are fast

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 1

It's an option, but only if those vents really add value. It is ridiculously expensive.

In the GTE the center vent was the first thing SWMBO always closed when she got in the car. 

It wouldn't be hard to make a 3D-print of whatever design I decide on. Maybe carbon skinned afterwards. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

That looks awesome Thomas. Really awesome.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Epic choice @TBD congrats!

Will you be sticking with the rear hatch mounted wing or moving to clam mounted?

www.alias23.com

On 6 December 2016 at 10:32, TBD said:

But then, Bavaria isn't part of Germany. In fact, Munich is closer to Sarajewo than Hamburg.:sofa:

A few years ago, when my working week was split between Hamburg and Bruckmuhl (South East of Munich), it was explained to me that in fact Germany is actually part of Bavaria :sofa:

Congratulations on the Exige, it does look amazing in those pictures :thumbup: 

Absolutely fantastic purchase Thomas, really looking forward to your thoughts on driving it. 

Funny. Today I checked the offers in mobile.de and saw this car. Was wondering, why it's still for sale. ;)

Well done !! Congrats.

congratulations ! hope you will share with us this new experience :lol:

Wow one mean looking motor.  Enjoy !!

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501