free hit
counters
EX 460 - tomorrow is the day - Page 7 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

EX 460 - tomorrow is the day

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, the deal is closed. Delivery will be in January, but the album is already growing:   

Hi Guys, as one or the other might have read - I have spent quite some time thinking about the EX460 upgrade. Last but not least, I set a tough hurdle for myself to achieve with everything OEM be

Just got home from a long trip back home from KT. To put it short: I feel like I just got a brand new car ...  The Engine: ended up with 457 hp on the dyno and approx. 480 NM torque ... but the f

Posted Images

thanks. I have asked them some pictures about the rear wing to compare between the two size proposed. From my point of view the Eltech rear wing has better design than the one of the 380 

Edited by geartox
1 hour ago, NANO said:

Salut Nicolas

If you look at this link to see what I've done ...

I can only say "very well", very happy with the quality (very iportante), the service offered and also the prices they do.

Thank you for the feedback  :lol:  

9 hours ago, geartox said:

thanks. I have asked them some pictures about the rear wing to compare between the two size proposed. From my point of view the Eltech rear wing has better design than the one of the 380 

Be careful if you are looking at the rear boot mount that uses the existing factory holes etc as both Eltech and SSC advised me that the bigger wing is not safe to mount on the boot, has to be mounted in to the clam directly (ie cutting the clam and mounting to the chassis through the boot) as the downward force will crack the clam. 

2015 Orange Exige V6

7 minutes ago, Steve Banks said:

Be careful if you are looking at the rear boot mount that uses the existing factory holes etc as both Eltech and SSC advised me that the bigger wing is not safe to mount on the boot, has to be mounted in to the clam directly (ie cutting the clam and mounting to the chassis through the boot) as the downward force will crack the clam. 

I'm led to believe a wing of less than 1300-1350mm width should be fine on the boot.

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

7 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Depends on cord, angle and air speed over the wing not width on its own

Very true... Reverie's setup on the boot mounted version is around 1300mm by 310mm

Personally i'd probably go a smaller chord than 310mm.

www.alias23.com

4 hours ago, geartox said:

@NW76 : do you plan to upload a video of your "new car" ? :thumbsup:

From the Outside? I can ... when its clean again ... but its not that spectacular on a Video from the outside it looks just like a stock Exige ... at least almost ?

Here is one from the inside - @ Spa:

Norbert, how much power do you think it is making after 5-8 hard laps? Are you getting any heat soak and loss of power? Or with the charge cooling do you think it maintains it's 460?

Did you get any figures (power and intake temps) from Komotec after multiple power runs?

12 hours ago, LukeH said:

@NW76 - Apologies for off topic question - what phone holder is that, seems very stable?

Its a simple magnetic holder:

https://www.amazon.de/Universal-Auto-Halterung-Belüftung-Handyhalterung-Smartphones/dp/B00YWWPDUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485842526&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=iphone+magnet+halter+auto&psc=1

8 hours ago, RedViper said:

Great Video. Great Lap

its remarkable how usable all that extra power is. ?

Thanks! You are absolutely right. The power usability was a big concern for me before I did the upgrade. Its definitely not a concern anymore - it comes in very controlable.

It was just my second time in Spa and the lap doesnt do the car justice. My theoretic best already was 4 sec faster and with some more experience in Spa and more pushing closer to the limit (I am not even touching most of the curbs) I am sure 10 secs less are possible.

3 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

Norbert, how much power do you think it is making after 5-8 hard laps? Are you getting any heat soak and loss of power? Or with the charge cooling do you think it maintains it's 460?

Did you get any figures (power and intake temps) from Komotec after multiple power runs?

I did the upgrade in October and so far have not had any outside temperatures that bring the car anywhere close to heat soak. I will know more in summer time this year. KT has done heat studies with the Kit and they showed me the data compared to Standard and EX430. There was a significant difference in intake temps after multiple runs at 25C.

Re the power: I believe the car is really close to 460 hp - I have a good comparisson with my AC Schnitzer BMW M4 (with 510 hp) and that car goes from 100-200 kmh like hell. The Exige is faster.

12 hours ago, geartox said:

@NW76 : the sound seems quite different than stock

It does in real even more than one the video. But you have to remember that I have sport cats and sport manfolds in addition to the airbox.

Looks great ... couldbe a good alternative to the Cup R Aero Kit ...

1 minute ago, geartox said:

Eltech has developped his own front splitter, it seems to be quite similar than the one provided with the exige cup.

How much is the splitter and the wing?