free hit
counters
KREISSIEG EXHAUST - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hello to all

I thought I'd start a new topic for this Exhaust (after everyone we know and we discuss: K-Tec, Larini, etc.) for EXIGE V6.

I wanted to ask if anyone of you have assembled (sorry, I hope you say / spell it) on your car and know:

- Impressions ?
- Noise (valve open / closed) ?
- Material quality ?
- other ...

Do you know if any of the importers / distributors / dealers in EUROPE ?

Someone made video or photos ?

Thank you for your opinions and your experiences that you share.

Cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again Nano. I agree that it does sound very good and in fact I was originally planning to get their system (the full one with the isometric F1 pipe). 

Because I can speak Japanese, I contacted them directly and asked about their system. I told them about my expected usage, and what surprised me was that they did not recommend their system if you planned to take it to the track, as certain parts can overheat and degrade. So you might want to take that into consideration. If this isn't a concern for you, then I would go for that as well :)

Hello again Ryan
thanks a lot for your answer and explanation: Lucky you who can speak in Japanese ...
Well here you can already make an opinion and these ores makes me immediately doubt on the quality and longevity from this Exhaust.

It 'clear that if there are already problems of overheating and degradation this is not the best because some trackday sometimes you can think of doing.

Let's see and wait if there are other comments ...

That's very honest of them! I love the high pitched sound they go for when most others focus on a growl at start up, I've always been more into high rev music. I doubt many aftermarket pipes are tested for serious track use in all honesty plus going louder isn't a good option for anyone who's into track days either due to noise restrictions. 

11 minutes ago, The Pits said:

That's very honest of them! I love the high pitched sound they go for when most others focus on a growl at start up, I've always been more into high rev music. I doubt many aftermarket pipes are tested for serious track use in all honesty plus going louder isn't a good option for anyone who's into track days either due to noise restrictions. 

2bular "track" system. The clue is in the name. Add on silencers available if required ?

Hi Chris

you will found them (all topics) and read :thumbup:... but I have to tell you I'm quite confused: 2bular .... K-Tec .... Larini ....

which is better ??

You know I try, as many of you believe, that with an Exhaust valve closed both quiet while with open valve is really bad (even at low revs / engine revs) who has the final suction when it leaves the gas in short ,,, something "bad".

Enters into consideration the material and the quality of how it is built and the estate when hot and is under pressure ...

Nowadays I am directed to this possibility
1) 2bular
2) K-Tec
3) Larini
But in fact I'm considering also other possibilities / brands     (who slowly waste / take off if you do not satisfy me)

the exhaust in video sounds a little more raspy than the 2bular but you really need to hear an exhaust in person rather than rely on video. 

I personally think any exhaust will sound better than stock setup. 

Maybe give 2bular a call and explain your requirements and see what they suggest.