free hit
counters
More pics of cammo car - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

More pics of cammo car

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I honestly can't say if I really like it yet...

One part of me wants it to be the Esprit simply because it looks decent...

The other half wants something ELSE to be the new Esprit, something that looks stellar...

I'm not a fan of that style of sidevent (which yeah, has been on a few renderings...)

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

I wondering if this Zebra car would have regular doors or lambo-type doors. Will regular doors work with such an air-intake/sill?

The good thing about Lambo doors = spells exotic car for the masses....it may provide a little marketing uplift that Lotus needs to be on par with our Italian friends.

-Chandra

I think its definitlely something Lotus. If the Lotus guys say its not the Esprit well of course thats what they have to say. They're not lying its just the truth cannot come out yet. I think that its a Lotus product and seems to be a Esprit replacement.

did the auto mags not publish spy shots a few years ago " new esprit testing etc" and the it turned out to be the Europa! could this car be:-

a the new +2, thats coming before the Esprit replacement

b someone elses car that Lotus are working on, as hinted by MJK

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

2. Car is right hand steering

Don't think this actually means anything. There was a piece on our local news about Jaguars new car which is hopefully going to save the comapny - think its called the XCL - it was only a concept at this stage but it was definitely left hand drive being driven in the UK.

If anybody is close it is at the Ricoh arena in Coventry today.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Thats a new style Audi isn't it?...one of those, this is what we bought Lambo for, say goodbye to the brand, type cars.

did the auto mags not publish spy shots a few years ago " new esprit testing etc" and the it turned out to be the Europa! could this car be:-

a the new +2, thats coming before the Esprit replacement

b someone elses car that Lotus are working on, as hinted by MJK

Wow someone who listens and interprets for a change! :thumbup:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Don't think this actually means anything. There was a piece on our local news about Jaguars new car which is hopefully going to save the comapny - think its called the XCL - it was only a concept at this stage but it was definitely left hand drive being driven in the UK.

If anybody is close it is at the Ricoh arena in Coventry today.

Saw the new jag the other night in Woore, I was on my way home, caught just as I turned at the junction it was behind another car coming in the oposite direction.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Don't think it's a prototype R8 (The camoflage could be because the picture was taken before the R8 was announced) for a couple of reasons.

Let's review the evidence, M'lud.

08.audi.r8.340.jpgmURI_temp_720fe9d6.jpg

The windows are wrong. The Audi does not have the rear quarterlights. Also, it's rear window follows the line of the rear bodywork. It's not vertical like the one of the lower camouflaged car.

Rear overhang is too long for it to be the R8 and it's not all camouflage as the lights and number plates show it is really that long.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I think that's what Lucas meant as Japan drives on the left like the UK. But Toyota's engineering centre is in Cologne so it would be likely to be LHD.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

OK, I am done playing around. :coffee:

One thing up front : I am buing a Wacom tablet this week, my trackman suc#s bigtime.

Result : just tried defing the visible borders and lines :

:animier:

Edited by esprits4de

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Front end of the Toyota or front end of camo car Charlie?

Jon - I think the Cammo car looks a bit Ferrari-esque at the front. Especially with the front wing line over the wheels and bonnet. An auto designer friend of mine - who actually sent me the link to my original posting "ooooooo camoflage" is quite convinced its an Esprit. Mainly because of the rear quarter line. He also thinks the "canterrail" is very R8ish*.

As far as the Toyota is concerned imo it hints a little at a brusque version of a Lancia Stratos. And I'd much perfer the lancia.

Now the thing is that since Mr. Kimberleys' (Snr) comments were posted to the effect that it wasn't the new Esprit I'm easily inclined to believe him. Having been at the October Factory meeting and enjoyed his recollections of Lotus folklore it was pretty moving stuff to take in and be a part of (and no I wasn't drunk!). If he says its not it then its not it.

Which is fine as I don't rate that front end. The front end on the photoshop images however is waaaaaaayyyy cooler.

And I'm spent.

Charlie

* I have no idea what this means! :D