free hit
counters
The Grand Tour - Page 11 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

By far the best episode to date. Neither film went on too long, and both great.

Still no point in going to Finland though as nothing Finnish about the programme.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meanwhile, on a comfy sofa in Chipping Norton:

Would I be right in saying it almost felt like a Top Gear tribute band, rather than a new program with anything new... at all?

Posted Images

The first show for The Grand Tour will be on channel 7 in Australia this Wednesday. Yes, that's the 18/10/2017.

They are using lines like "The greatest show on earth is back" or something like that. Considering how long ago this topic was started, I don't suppose Australia can rush a good thing. :coffee: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

:hrhr:

I wonder if the other two are going to knock down JC's house?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The new celebrity section is not really improved. There are a few good moments in this first episode but after watching it I was like i hope they won't do another season. They had a good run it is time to call it a day. 

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

I think the Lancia bit of the latest GT is the best thing they have done by a country mile Let’s hope  they do some more stuff like this. It is not doing my wanting a Lancia Intergrale much good though. 

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

i have Been categorically told no more cars until the house is done. So I am categorically not looking at Intergrales at the moment. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dan E said:

I think the Lancia bit of the latest GT is the best thing they have done by a country mile Let’s hope  they do some more stuff like this. It is not doing my wanting a Lancia Intergrale much good though. 

Yes I agree, that was absolutely superb.  Clarkson at his best, you can see he genuinely meant what he said.  I even thought about buying an Integrale or Monte Carlo for a few moments, until common sense came over me.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Dan E said:

i have Been categorically told no more cars until the house is done. So I am categorically not looking at Intergrales at the moment. 

In that case it’s categorically OK to not say that the engine on my mate’s Lancia fell out while he was driving along the road after the front crossmember collapsed.

• Haha 2

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

I am not buying anything beacause 

a) divorce is expensive 

b) I am skint ?

mark totally agree, Clarkson is a journalist when all said and done and in my eyes he is actually a really good one. I remember watching the one about his father in law in the war many years ago which was brilliant. I don’t mind the silly bits but when you actually watch something like that it’s really interesting. My son is now saying Lancia is his favourite car company ever, I shall beat it out of him obviously 

• Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, Dan E said:

It’s not a car. It’s an iconic piece of engineering 

https://m.carandclassic.co.uk/classic_cars.php?page=1&client_id=&category=3&make=27®ion=&country=&era=&type=&price=&keyword=delta+integrale&submit=Search

Only here once

• 11 months later...

What was that music that they played during the early part up to the drag racing section?

Good start to the series with no celebrities and a special next week.  12 more episodes to go.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Have never watched an episode of this,  As i do not have amazon prime,  have watched clips on youtube, it looks fab,  Do they or will they ever do the series on dvd box set ?

A

Those V8 muscle cars are completely bonkers - in a good way! We were in Florida over Christmas and the car I was due to collect from Avis was an ordinary SUV but due to a complete cock up on their part (long story but wrong or no car in the designated parking bays not once, but twice and my refusal to go back to the desk a 3rd time), I ended up driving off in a Dodge Charger SRT which, it turns out, has a 6.4 L V8 and around 480 or so bhp. Oh my, the noise that thing makes upon starting up :wub:

I was completely smitten by the sound and power delivery which elicited very childish giggles from me every time I pulled away from rest. It's just a shame the interior styling/materials is akin to a 1980's Vauxhall Cavalier and the exterior, especially the rear end, is so very ordinary looking and the cornering inspires absolutely no confidence whatsoever, despite the fat tyres. All that was forgiven by the straight line driving experience though. As an ownership proposition, I loved the 11 days we spent with it but would soon tire of it if I had to live with it long term - sadly.

Everybody should drive one of these muscle cars at least once in their life.:thumbup:

• Like 1

I watched episode 2 of the latest series last night which I found rather disappointing really. It was pt 1 of a Columbian road trip and apart from some stunning natural scenery, it was more of the same old same old from previous Top Gear road trips.

You know the kind of thing, Clarkson chooses a comfortable high range car, May chooses a cheap sensible/practical car while Hammond goes for something a bit outrageous with a big V8. Hammond causes consternation by trying to drive his outrageous car through streets totally unsuited to it. Clarkson then accidentally on purpose drives into Mays car and during the evening after May has retired, Clarkson and Hammond set about messing around with Mays car and so on and so forth..................

All very predictable and a bit of a yawn fest if I'm honest, apart from the aforementioned scenery. I've enjoyed watching these trips in the past but the format really does need putting to bed now, so I'm not sorry this will be the final series of the Grand Tour.