free hit
counters
Performance gains - 2ublar decat and Lotus Sports exhaust - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Performance gains - 2ublar decat and Lotus Sports exhaust

I am currently trying to renew my insurance with another provider and one of the issues is whether the above mods actually give any "performance" increases over standard when fitted to a 2010 NA?

The Lotus Sports blue tipped exhaust was on the car when I bought it and the decat I fitted later.

I couldn't find anything conclusive when searching.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even with the new exhaust parts, I suspect that the car will still dyno at less than the official Lotus figure (276bhp?).  In which case, 'no, there isn't a performance advantage'! 

I think dynoing it would outweigh the cost of the insurance premium saving :)

I thought the difference it was principally sound, but the insurance company seem pernickety - the savings on the premium are worthwhile finding out though.

• Gold FFM

A small gain probably, I would say 5bhp at most based on research and reading elsewhere. The biggest difference is the noise.

Headers and the two cat delete is what really produces the gain, I believe.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Even with the new exhaust parts, I suspect that the car will still dyno at less than the official Lotus figure (276bhp?). 

In which case, 'no, there isn't a performance advantage'! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think most insurance companies work on BHP % increase, when I told mine about my 2bular they said about performance but as long as it was less than 20% (IIRC) increase they wernt concerned with the actual figure. 

• 2 weeks later...