free hit
counters
Performance gains - 2ublar decat and Lotus Sports exhaust - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
snowman

Performance gains - 2ublar decat and Lotus Sports exhaust

I am currently trying to renew my insurance with another provider and one of the issues is whether the above mods actually give any "performance" increases over standard when fitted to a 2010 NA?

The Lotus Sports blue tipped exhaust was on the car when I bought it and the decat I fitted later.

I couldn't find anything conclusive when searching.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The gains would be negligible, if at all. 

If you really need to know, how about putting the car on a dyno?

I think dynoing it would outweigh the cost of the insurance premium saving :)

I thought the difference it was principally sound, but the insurance company seem pernickety - the savings on the premium are worthwhile finding out though.

Is the part advertised as giving a performance gain? As a consumer that's probably what I'd go on.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

A small gain probably, I would say 5bhp at most based on research and reading elsewhere. The biggest difference is the noise.

Headers and the two cat delete is what really produces the gain, I believe.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Even with the new exhaust parts, I suspect that the car will still dyno at less than the official Lotus figure (276bhp?). 

In which case, 'no, there isn't a performance advantage'! 

• Like 1

I think most insurance companies work on BHP % increase, when I told mine about my 2bular they said about performance but as long as it was less than 20% (IIRC) increase they wernt concerned with the actual figure. 

My insurer wasn't worried.  I have tubular and decat.  It didn't change the price.  I am with Admiral on a multicar policy