free hit
counters
St Tropez - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
tonytransam

St Tropez

A friend of mine has this for sale in Germany, It's English registered and sure to divide opinion.

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=232909435&secret=bf6b8deb1594a19be9b2e0a0ff7d64f6

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I always liked these and remember a few come up for sale including a Turbo. Looks nice other than the Steering wheel and over use of yellow. 

Looks like a good rare car for someone ??

Dave ?

IMG_0700.GIF.46dc41b84d1ba3ad1334434b317aa57e.GIF Do or do not, there is no try! 

Cool! Now that would turn heads.

Maybe needs de-yellowing a little, especially that steering wheel.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

I'm sure George Lucas was looking at that when he came up with the Jar Jar Binks character.

Edited by s4simon
  • Like 1

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

You know, those don't even look that bad. I think the over coloring on the yellow one might be what makes it a bit harsh to look at. I also think that Stevens open top sketch looks nicer than the G cars open top. I guess the Stevens lines are more suitable for a convertible, I don't know.

I think they're amazing, if only for the 'wow look at that!' factor.

If a normal Esprit turns heads, imagine driving down your local high street in one of those... :shock:

• Like 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Like them or loathe them they have there place in time from the crazy 80's

• Like 1

Love them - I remember seeing one off its chassis in a lock up 20 odd years ago in Gloucester..... I wonder if it's still there??

Only here once

As the former owner of the blue Turbo StTropez I still love the shape of them. Always gave me a good feeling entering the garage. Think I am on the "love them" side :blush:

It is good to see this long time dissappeared car bouncing to the surface again.
Rare birds these St Tropez convertibles. Only a good handful built. Has to be fun to own the only yellow one existing.
As soon as you start the Rover V8 implemented engine with that fantastic gourgling sound it adds for sure to the unique appearance.

• Like 1

Website with information and pictures PBB St Tropez convertible Esprit:

http://www.lotusespritconvertible.de/

I think its a nice concept, but like a kit car all down to the execution of the owner. In that cluster of shots above the red car on compomotive wires looks superb IMHO, as does Rolf's old car on compomotive 5 spokes. The yellow one however is pretty horrid and has a bad stance. All fixable of course.

The roofless roadster concept was reinvented in 1981 by the Lamborghini Berttone Ahon concept, which is what the creators of this Esprit obviously took inspiration from;

Image result for bertone athon

The yellow peril for sale also reminds me even more of Danger Mouses car than usual, it even uses Rover lights!;

$_20.jpg

Image result for yellow danger mouse car

• Like 1

In the garage no-one can hear you scream