free hit
counters
Most horrible cars ever - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Barrykearley

Most horrible cars ever

LOL......my mum had the same when we were kids.........altho' the Daf version.......the Daf 66......

it used to shed elastic bands like they were going out of fashion (drive belts in fact, but my dad always referred to them as elastic bands)

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I shouldn't dislike the first car I had which was a Mazda 800. I'll let you guys look the picture up. It took me a lot of places and went ok. Just not a pretty car at all. The rear indicators were separate to the body and stood on little brackets on the rear bumper. Odd really.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I remember my dad doing some work on the aforementioned Daf 33 in our garage. The car belonged to the wife of his business partner, and he was doing it as a favour. He was doing something under the dashboard which involved him with his head in the driver's footwell. I'm not sure why, but he had the engine running at the time, and whilst in there, knocked it into reverse gear by mistake. It buggered off down the garage dragging him with it before it hit the wall at the end of the garage. He had to pay to get it repaired at a bodyshop before he could give it back.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Apropos the AC invalid transport 3 wheeler....I knew a chap who had one of those after a rather bad motorcycle accident. He fitted it with a 650 Triumph engine!!

As for the DAF Variomatic....centrifugal clutch. Engine has to be spinning before it will engage....once watched a group of rugby fans, after a game at Twickenham, trying to get round their flat battery by push starting one. I did try to tell them, but persistent, they were, too....probably pushed it all the way home!

Well, to the pub, anyway.....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

My father actually gave up his Ford Taunus RS when he got married, to share my moms Daf variomatic... When I first heard that sad story, I made up my mind never to get married. :devil:

I should add I now happily leave the Esprit at home because my GF prefers the Range Rover:sofa:

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Can I add my 330d X Drive? I really don't like it 

Yup - it's geerman- on the list with all the others

Only here once

Honestly I just put AC Schnitzer  springs on it which is better but I can't get comfortable in it the seats just won't go where I want them and get this it has keyless go, which is frankly pointless but what really does my head in is, to turn it off you have to put your foot on the brake to turn the engine off then take your foot off the brake and push the button again to turn the electrics off. What the f&/k is that all about. I have also promised I won't sell it for 3 years. 

1 hour ago, Escape said:

My father actually gave up his Ford Taunus RS when he got married, to share my moms Daf variomatic... When I first heard that sad story, I made up my mind never to get married. :devil:

I should add I now happily leave the Esprit at home because my GF prefers the Range Rover:sofa:

Ahh the recreation of the actress from eastenders........ doing a tailforth ?

Only here once

On 19/11/2016 at 21:58, Barrykearley said:

Ahh the recreation of the actress from eastenders........ doing a tailforth ?

That's a reference I don't get, never watched eastenders... Care to elaborate? In a pm if inappropriate for the forum ;-)

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Surely somebody on here can be tempted by this rather fetching...

Mitsuko Viewt Nadeshiko

(And don't call me Surely)

mitsuoka-viewt-nadeshiko-is-a-nisan-micra-that-looks-like-the-jaguar-mark-2-97866_1.jpg

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

4 hours ago, Escape said:

That's a reference I don't get, never watched eastenders... Care to elaborate? In a pm if inappropriate for the forum ;-)

It wasn't so much the TV series as the drama that was a criminal case and civil case.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/high-drama-as-actress-loses-libel-case-the-sex-in-car-hearing-featuring-a-star-of-eastenders-ended-1409379.html

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, obione said:

Surely somebody on here can be tempted by this rather fetching...

Mitsuko Viewt Nadeshiko

(And don't call me Surely)

Removed the pic from the quote for two reasons. Keep thread length down and 2) THE CAR IS F*ING HIDEOUS.

Sometime you get strange cross-bread dogs, when some randy male tine y bread has defied gravity and fathered pups via a massive bread, such a Chiwawa and StBernard, theresult is normally not a blend of characteristics but a mix of some from one parent and some from another, no halfway or moderation. That car has that same look between a Micra and a Mk2 Jag, and I don't think either were great looks to start with.

1 hour ago, andydclements said:

Thanks for clarifying Andy! I will no longer question her preference for the Range Rover (probably the same model as in the above case). :devil: But now you do have me contemplating the possibilities in a Lotus Esprit. Surely someone on here must have an experience or 2 to share? :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Escape said:

Thanks for clarifying Andy! I will no longer question her preference for the Range Rover (probably the same model as in the above case). :devil: But now you do have me contemplating the possibilities in a Lotus Esprit. Surely someone on here must have an experience or 2 to share? :ph34r:

A triumph spitfire is interesting- remember that challenge as a 19year old

you must put in gear and take the handbrake off

• Like 1

Only here once

11 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

you must put in gear and take the handbrake off

Sounds like a good ride in several ways...

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

3 hours ago, ian29gte said:

Alan just getting in first, there.

Just wondering why you're telling Alan that you're getting in there first.?

Is it cause he's the giver and you're the taker.

Why don't you stop being selfish and get in the boot, loads of room in there!

• Like 2

Presumably living in South Wales you had an approximately two month a year window for accomplishing that activity? Otherwise the terms "willy shriveling" and "brass monkeys" come to mind? Unless you had foresight and invested in an heated garage I suppose.

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)