free hit
counters
What's the Torx tool for? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What's the Torx tool for?

JayEmm

• Gold FFM

This one's confused me for a while, in the "tool kit" (ha ha) that we get with the Evora, there's a T-handle Torx driver. I have yet to divine it's purpose though... anyone?

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's for tightening or lossening Torx headed screws.

Glad to help. :stuart: 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

As long as you hammer it in with a shifter. (I think you call them an adjustable spanner).

The amount of knowledge on TLF is astounding. :shock: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

For removing the front grill.

its held with 4 torx screws.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

:lol: I might try that with some popcorn.....

I was meaning the other front boot. I only found mine the other day. It's a pain to access as I had to undo some torx screws, but it's huge in there. I think I could probably fit a golf bag. It's where lotus place the factory fitted amp, and you can access the track mode for the exhaust.....;)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 13 October 2016 at 07:19, CocoPops said:

For removing the front grill.

its held with 4 torx screws.

Something else deleted. I've got the towing eye and wheel bolt tool amd that's it. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

• Gold FFM

To be honest, I can't think of many situations where I am going to suddenly feel the need to remove the front grill at the roadside.

I have to say, possibly the most self-indulgent thing about some of the old Ferraris, that I absolutely love, is the totally over-the-top tool kit

1532293.jpg

Like a Ferrari owner is going to change a fan belt on the side of the road.

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

I can. Had it twice now, some :censored: chucking their cigarette out the window as you pass them, goes straight in the grille and the car stinks of fags for an hour afterwards.

particularly galling for a non smoker with an asthmatic wife :realmad:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

• Gold FFM

I have suggested to Lotus that it should be part of the maintenance schedule to clean out the grilles every service, it doesn't take too long, and the 400 is a magnet for all sorts of crap. With winter coming, salt on the roads, etc... all that with mushed up damp leaves isn't very healthy for the rad

Edited by ramjet
No need to quote the post directly above yours.

James Martin (JayEmm)

• 11 months later...
58 minutes ago, Cypriot said:

can anyone please tell me what size Torx tool I need to remove the front grill (evora 400)? My car didnt come with a "full" toolkit, and the Evora handbook doesnt mention sizes.  I need to get one.  Cheers.

It's T25 size. My 400 didn't come with one either, so I had to buy one.

I've also bought a Hoover extension nozzle for sucking leaves out of the grills, now that autumn is here!

• Like 1

On 14/10/2016 at 19:10, JayEmm said:

To be honest, I can't think of many situations where I am going to suddenly feel the need to remove the front grill at the roadside.

I have to say, possibly the most self-indulgent thing about some of the old Ferraris, that I absolutely love, is the totally over-the-top tool kit

1532293.jpg

Like a Ferrari owner is going to change a fan belt on the side of the road.

I'm not sure if it's the case with the Evora, but on the Exige you need to remove the grill to use the towing hook. Of course, as Lotus owners, this isn't anything we need to concern ourselves with....

;)

I can JUST get the towing eye in & out without removing the grille - takes a little effort to get the widest point through the gap in the grille.

I did plan to dremel a bigger hole so that I didn't have to mess about on euro trips before I realised this (even bought a spare grille for the purpose) .   Still, can't have too many spares eh?