free hit
counters
My New Model Evora USA - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

My New Model Evora USA

Fresch

How I got the car:  

When Lotus stopped selling the Elise in the USA, a lot of dealers stopped selling Lotus.  I got my Brand new 2011 Evora at the end of 2015!  As of 10/20/2016, it has 4k miles on it.  Already burned through the rear stock P 0's, I drive respectfully unless I am racing, so i guess they rotted a little bit in the Nissan/Dodge/Lotus Showroom. 

I started by finding everything wrong with the car before the warranty ran out.  Lotus held my brand new car for almost a month but fixed 3 pages worth of little details.  I am super thankful for that because the sun was shining on the interior; pretty much I got a brand new dash.

Minor Upgrades:

-I wrapped the roof, mirrors, spoiler and "that thing on the hood" Brushed Metallic Black- 

-Installed a Pioneer 8300 with a backup camera that can stay on all the time (for racing)

I am super pumped. Currently. Monkeywrench racing is transforming my USA 2011 Evora to be faster than any production Evora.

My thoughts are I would like to come up with a name for my efforts.  I have added essentials that every new/nice car should have.  

Since I really like the 360 Cup Exige, I feel like It would be nice to honor lotus badging and go with something like Evora "450 Cup"

For those not familiar with the look I am going for, I will post an Exige 360 cup. (this isn't even considered a production car because I believe there are only 50 of them)

This is me Autocrossing with a 360 Cam - The fisheye is corney but Ill get a better one next year

I Want all of your opinions-  Am I being corney? 

My thoughts -- I got way more car than a 400 for way less money.  I love the 360 Cup theme, and love to be original.

3sixtycup.jpg

blk360cup.jpg

Exige-360-Cup-10_07_15-73.jpg

silver 360cup.jpg

BigNose.jpg

Corner 1.jpg

Corner 2.jpg

Crnr1-front.jpg

FrontGarage.jpg

FullRoof.jpg

Fulltop.jpg

Hickories.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

PreWrap.jpg

Prewrapcrnr4.jpg

RoofCrnr1.jpg

SayingGoodbye.jpg

Wedragged.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Andy :welcome:

Best of luck with upgrading your Evora. Look forward to seeing all the finished photos.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Welcome. Nice colour (same as my first Evora)

Is it an N/A with an aftermarket supercharger? (isn't than an N/A diffuser) and standard exhaust.I'm sure there are many on here who would be most interested how to get 450hp starting with an N/A.

ps in the UK "Am I being Corney?" is superfluous in a post with a picture including and a pair of fluffy dice :lol:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

• Gold FFM

You guys never got the V6 Exige did you?

I say it's your car, do what you like! People in the USA seem to be far more receptive towards modified cars than here...

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

We have a few.   Any exige around here isn't too easy to get your hands on.   I'm guessing they are inflated big time.   I'd soon rather build a v6 Elise.   

USA is a big place, some states are more receptive to aftermarket than others.   With Facebook and forums,  we have a lot easier time trying to sell tuners than ever before.  

Yes,  there are some you can.   There is a 360 cup for sale in California.  In the US, you can register any car in your state,  but not necessarily federally.  Which means you can drive it in the state but if you get pulled over,  the cops can crush it if they want 

Still not sure what the output is going to be.  The upgrades are thermostat, clutch,  exhaust,  headers, supercharger (all the stuff with the charger like injectors etc) intake,  lsd...  I know I'm forgetting something but I can't think it up

It sounds very similar to the Komotec EX430 kit - i.e. intake, manifolds, smaller SC pulley, remap (essentially). Don't be surprised if you see your power starting to drop off once the engine (and particularly the charge temperatures) start to warm up.

• 1 month later...

Okay,  I'm all done.   I chose a more mild path at the end,  resulting in 410 hp.   

Mwr has a 445 hp option though.  It includes everything I listed above plus a different supercharger nose, and MWR 58.5mm pulley. 

This would have gotten me close to my goal,  but as they reside far from me,  I think it would be more safe with the less aggressive pulley.  

• Gold FFM
On 12/9/2016 at 13:57, Fresch said:

Dude that's awesome! Can you link a pic of the back?  From a view higher up,  so I can see the pin?   What do you guys think would go with the electric blue best....  Black or red

I made the mistake of asking for suggested wheel colours over on the playground, when I had my S1 and got this suggestion, which had me in hysterics:

The Imprezzora:

imprezzora.jpg

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.