free hit
counters
replacing headlight bulb - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

on main beam all 4 lights are on but when dipped only one nearside light is on,is this wiring problem or is it a bulb.If the latter how do i get at it.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found an easy way to do it.took an early morning drive to newmarket and just happened to call in at gst for a cup of tea and Gerald gave me a masterclass in how to change a bulb. Saw simon( @sizo

Bulb I would have thought but your set up is different from mine in that I have all 4 lit up on dipped beam.

• Gold FFM

Early cars have all four on dipped beam and main, later cars have just two dipped and four main - I believe that legislation changed which mean't you could have 2 dipped beam. 

Mine has only two lights on Dip beam....two left dip and two right dip...depending on where I am!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, skiing said:

Early cars have all four on dipped beam and main, later cars have just two dipped and four main - I believe that legislation changed which mean't you could have 2 dipped beam. 

Later cars have the two outside as dip beam, these go off and the two middle ones come on for main beam. You can add a relay into the existing loom to convert this so all four come on with main beam, which I have done, it just costs a new relay.

to get to the bulbs you have to strip the lights down, remove the trim, remove the bezel and release the reflector to get to the bulb.

22 minutes ago, OwenGT3 said:

to get to the bulbs you have to strip the lights down, remove the trim, remove the bezel and release the reflector to get to the bulb. 

With the engine running and the lights on?

8 hours ago, OwenGT3 said:

On my S2, I also had to disconnect the linkage to the motors the let me lift the pods high enough to get access to the lower chrome bezel screws.

20 hours ago, Dave Eds said:

Need a visit Pete?

I am in Harlem tomorrow!

Yes but not all the way from new york

Found an easy way to do it.took an early morning drive to newmarket and just happened to call in at gst for a cup of tea and Gerald gave me a masterclass in how to change a bulb.

Saw simon( @sizona) also there for tea? and gave him a lift back whilst chatting all the way which seemed to halve the journey time.very pleasant way to spend a Saturday morning

• Like 1