Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 41 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

17 hours ago, 550superfast said:

@GFWilliams that intake temp is before the supercharger, not after, so not sure how relevant it is. Your supercharger will be heating the air, then your charge cooler cooling it before it goes into the engine.

Yes, the sensor is after the air box, but gives an idea of engine bay temps. Today for example, I was stuck in traffic and it got as high as 39c. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Careful with the GRPs. I just returned mine after fitting them in the Elise. Driving lights are too dark, stop lights are = maybe driving light of OEMs. You can barely see stop lights on a sunny day. 

I decided they are unsafe to use. Great quality and I really liked how they are on my car, but... not for me. Others seemed to be not bothered by this problem (I asked around), so maybe that's only me.

Order one without inserts, they look better in my opinion.

• Like 1

I think the GRP driving lights are really bright. I also don't like the black lights, it's so 90s style. You can use the rear fog lights to have 4 lights running. You can also connect both lights to have always 4 rear lights running. The stop light could be a bit brighter, but as there's a third stop light in the middle I don't see any problem.

The quality of the GRPs seems to be a lot better than Transforged, no 3D printer plastic. Only the smoked inserts are not the prettiest.But the EU-version with yellow signals, fog lights and reversing lights is only available with these inserts.  So you have no choice.

Overall I'm more than happy with my GRPs.

• Like 1

To be honest I’m at a stage where I’d happily call the car finished.  Certainly for the summer, I don’t think anything else will be done, I’ve found my love of driving and exploring again now that I’m in Spain.   

When it comes to winter I’ll be addressing the gearbox linkage to do something similar to the Sport 350, add a removable steering wheel, then on the interior I want to get a few more bits trimmed in alcantara like the top of the dash and the “glove box” area.  

Oh yeah, I have Cup R canards to fit, but I ran out of time before I left for Spain and I’m not brave enough to drill my clam myself...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Turbo911 - awww, it’s so cute 🙈

Not much to report on the car - I ordered a carbon dash binnacle from Elise shop as I think it’ll finish off the interior a bit more.  End plates I’ll collect on Monday :D 

While I am very happy with the new exhaust from 2bular, I don’t have any trackdays for a while so don’t need a quiet exhaust for now.  I have asked Jim to make a decat pipe plus straight through exhaust for me for a full on ASBO exhaust.  I’m aware that it will cause an engine management light, but I can live with that!

42 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

@Turbo911 - awww, it’s so cute 🙈

Not much to report on the car - I ordered a carbon dash binnacle from Elise shop as I think it’ll finish off the interior a bit more.  End plates I’ll collect on Monday :D 

While I am very happy with the new exhaust from 2bular, I don’t have any trackdays for a while so don’t need a quiet exhaust for now.  I have asked Jim to make a decat pipe plus straight through exhaust for me for a full on ASBO exhaust.  I’m aware that it will cause an engine management light, but I can live with that!

Surely komotec can update your map to code out the light?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

13 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Surely komotec can update your map to code out the light?

Maybe, but the car is in Spain so not really worth the effort required to do so.  It won’t cause any running problems, so doesn’t bother me too much.  I’ll only run decat for summer, then will return to quiet when I bring the car back to England in winter.

21 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

I’ll only run decat for summer, then will return to quiet when I bring the car back to England in winter.

Surely it is against the law with regards to emissions. Not that I'm a shy little flower in this respect, but perhaps sports cat would be a bit more sustainable option? 🙄

2 hours ago, vd9 said:

Surely it is against the law with regards to emissions. Not that I'm a shy little flower in this respect, but perhaps sports cat would be a bit more sustainable option? 🙄

I have a sports cat at the moment - living in Spain for summer so the legality isn’t really an issue. 

On my old Caterham I ran a decat pipe most of the time, then just put the cat back on for the MOTs and some trackdays.  It used to shoot rather large flames! 

3A860157-E6AE-4364-A98A-7DE2C7F1DDE3.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey George

Quick afterburner question if you can help. I just got mine. Did you need to have the resistor pack installed?

Love the spoiler. I plan on a colour coded blade and carbon end plates, I think a bit of colour on the wings really helps them gel with the car.

Cheers

1 minute ago, k20Rob said:

Hey George

Quick afterburner question if you can help. I just got mine. Did you need to have the resistor pack installed?

Love the spoiler. I plan on a colour coded blade and carbon end plates, I think a bit of colour on the wings really helps them gel with the car.

Cheers

Unfortunately my afterburners are going in the bin.  I tried with and withought resistors, but the car goes into limp mode with them, so I’m back to stock lights.  Be careful with the resistors, they get very hot.  Potentially a fire hazard...?

I ordered the GRP Halo lights instead, unfortunately as I had to pop back to the UK for a funeral I missed the delivery and they got sent back to the US.  Greg has been great though and another set will be on the way back out to me soon!

I was originally planning on the wing profile being yellow with carbon end plates, but the carbon was so nice I didn’t want to cover it up!

On another note, my old wing is looking great now with new end plates and a fresh lick of paint.  Will be up for sale in mid September I think.

01C2FBFB-9270-485E-8779-CBFD47639356.jpeg

Thanks. Im in two minds if I fit them or return them and pay the 20% restock fee...

Love the design, but the execution could be better.

Tempted to go for all smoked GRP ones, but the rear would need breaking up with some colour somehow then. Maybe I get the raised Lotus lettering (350 has stickers) and colour code that.

Edited by k20Rob

On 01/08/2018 at 23:01, k20Rob said:

Thanks. Im in two minds if I fit them or return them and pay the 20% restock fee...

Love the design, but the execution could be better.

Tempted to go for all smoked GRP ones, but the rear would need breaking up with some colour somehow then. Maybe I get the raised Lotus lettering (350 has stickers) and colour code that.

Get rid of the Transforged and then wait a few weeks is my advice...  I can’t say much more, but something new is coming out...

20% restock fee is taking the piss somewhat, I don’t know anything about US law, but in the UK you could return under the sales of goods act saying they’re not fit for purpose...