Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 42 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

With regret the warranty on Transforged seems to be in doubt reading various reviews online hence one of the reasons I haven't gone forward with the afterburners myself. 20% is a ball ache but actually better than losing a further 80% if they fail and you get zero customer support or resolution - Id just ensure you have everything in writing to guaranteed you get an 80% refund before you send them back. GRP dont really do it for me at the moment, they look too much like an electric hob design right now - So standard I remain. 

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks for the heads up George, Ill keep an eye out for updates on here. Hopefully they’ll be the answer to what a lot of us are waiting for!

TF replied with a curtious email with return details, so, so far so good.

Not the best photo, but managed to get a good deal on this VBox - thanks to @alias23 for spotting it at a good price and letting me know! 

I’m excited to get on track now...

I’ve ordered a new set of Trofeo R from Pirelli so hopefully they’ll arrive when I return so I can get my car through an MOT when I return from Spain...

152CCAFE-D60A-4809-8276-772771384037.jpeg

• Like 2

Mine will be waiting when I get out of the Sahara.... 😛  they really are special.... plus a refund on the old ones too.

George, did you get the reflectors too? and a quick tip, put a thin neoprene seal around the back edge aka the original lamps to keep water out.

cheers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sharky said:

They look well made. Can you flip them over and show us what they look like? 😉😁

Think he’s going for the big reveal......and probably won’t be seeing them until fitted😄

6 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

How much are we for those ones George? Look better but hoping for cheaper?

Hi Stephen, 

We just released the new version GT lights today.   They are $585 +shipping.  

Standard 5-8 shipping is $51,  Express DHL is $66. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, GRP said:

Hi Stephen, 

We just released the new version GT lights today.   They are $585 +shipping.  

Standard 5-8 shipping is $51,  Express DHL is $66. 

Thanks Greg @GRP - how much for just 2 instead of 4?

1 minute ago, stephenwhyte said:

Thanks Greg @GRP - how much for just 2 instead of 4?

No problem.   

For Evoras and 380's with two lights it is $385 with the same shipping rates.   

• Thanks 1

Order placed 😀

Greg is doing me a slight twist on the smoked ones. White halo on the inner light, rather than the centre single led.

Edited by k20Rob
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, geartox said:

I will be at Marbella next week. Could be fun to see you there 😀

Mmmm, contemplating going to Marbella too next week!

12 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Sorry for the delay posting photos, I’ve been driving in the mountains again...

CB936685-974B-43A2-8C06-C080DEF1BEFF.thumb.jpeg.221e13935c2d238509c68556ed20c2c6.jpeg

Some close up photos from tonight which show the functionality is very good:

DEF09A2B-116B-458B-893A-74ABB197359C.thumb.jpeg.d6021d5fa12ca99b9e41ef8b0dc441e3.jpeg

D0069712-F30E-417D-B760-6663BCC2FD10.thumb.jpeg.1f915fa88d95614ced1bb39a0396efd3.jpeg

AABED3D5-9ECD-4041-B94D-5F73230F8929.thumb.jpeg.62755d8b0b36889c83e0429945fe9d6c.jpeg

5CEDE82A-1456-43E9-BD36-80BDECEFC5BF.thumb.jpeg.e4ed78bded8d64927cf6f66928b1c4fb.jpeg

They look super!!  Will done Greg!!  And nice pics as always GF!

• Like 1

@geartoxand @Kristof Thys, in a last minute decision for family reasons, I've unfortunately got to return to the UK and am setting off tomorrow, so won't be in Marbella.  

2200km roughly to get home... Can't say I'm massively looking forward to the journey, but I'm quite looking forward to driving in the UK again to be honest.

So yesterday I drove back from Marbella to London all in one go.  It was about 2300km and I think took 22 hours.

A couple of thoughts...

The Tillett Seats are brilliant, I couldn't have done it without them.  They're difficult to sleep in though.

The car drone is pretty bad, I think I'll try and add some more sound proofing behind the seats.

The Pro Alloy 60l fuel tank is brilliant. I managed to get 400km with 10% fuel still showing. I was sitting at 140-150km/h for most of that time so I'd say that's pretty good.

Nitron 3 way dampers when softened up a bit are great.

I need new tyres before I drive the car again, the wet bit of the drive was scary.

The car feels significantly quicker in the UK than it did in Marbella, I think a combination of the temperature and air density. The car pulls significantly harder here, it really surprised me!

I'm tired.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

So yesterday I drove back from Marbella to London all in one go.  It was about 2300km and I think took 22 hours.

Brave man!  For what it is worth, for prolonged drives I use a noise cancelling headset...

• 2 weeks later...

Be interesting how you find the car now, vs the power you have in the Exige.  Did 5k blat miles in a year in my 140bhp caterham and loved it .  

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• 2 weeks later...