Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 45 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
10 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

I fancied a new look for winter... 

Just a test fit, but gives you an idea of how it’ll look.  I’ll fit them next week after the Silverstone day.

8D178B30-CCF0-4B73-86DD-631513EF4512.jpeg

If you space them further apart you could fit a third lamp

And totally stop the air flow into the rads......

39 minutes ago, alias23 said:

great seasonal addition to the car...

Totally can't agree more - seasonal rallye configuration of an Exige is brilliant

23 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

And totally stop the air flow into the rads...

Not that big of a deal during the winter time 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, geartox said:

as usual I will be curious to see how the lights are fixed to the car and how you will connect everything 😃

I think I'll bolt them to the numberplate holder, then cable tie the rear of the lights to the grill to stop any movement.  I don't want to drill into the splitter obviously.  Numberplate will likely be put on velcro attached to the lights for most driving, then taken off for photos (or just put on for police...)

Wiring doesn't seem massively complicated, the debate is whether I want it to be wired so they come on with main beam, or whether I want an extra switch for them so they're independent.

32 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

I have one, it’s a little too sensible looking. I like the cartoon-esque twin big lights :D

fair enough - perhaps they would look better with black covers.

And with the standard lights, I find main beam ok, but it is dipped headlights that need the improvement. You will hardly have these new "eyes" on unless you drive in the middle of the night.

@GFWilliams it's your car, who cares what anyone else thinks anyway!  I like it, looks different. How about some big flappy mudflaps for the rear too!  Hehehe...

image.png.4f4b7eba2797b905b35ae6e3f2f8426f.png

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I was looking at these yesterday and wondered what the Ti tips looked like. 

Seeing as I never run my car with the flap closed, it's actually more of an annoying sound, the "lightweight" version made the most sense to me. I just wish he did 100mm Ti tips, but I'm sure I could persuade him haha

2 hours ago, Maxi_z said:

I am now using dunlop dz03g semi slick tyres with some more camber and they feel good and are faster than the oem mpsc2 on a dry track

They're quite expensive!

Cup 2 next time for me, unless Pirelli get round to sending me the set of Trofeo R they owe me....

For now, winter tyres will go on :D

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:46, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I was looking at these yesterday and wondered what the Ti tips looked like. 

Seeing as I never run my car with the flap closed, it's actually more of an annoying sound, the "lightweight" version made the most sense to me. I just wish he did 100mm Ti tips, but I'm sure I could persuade him haha

Jim did those tips for me! They look great - really fill out the gap in the diffuser 

43995289994_40c42e4d0a_c.jpgDSC_0403f by mikeharper2, on Flickr

• Like 2