Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 47 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

3 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

I think you’ve nailed the look now on that Exige of yours now George with the standard rear wing and spot-lights up front - looks great👌

863DD3C5-7970-4171-9B62-EE8C7B38AFA9.jpeg

That Sir is a truly lovely Lotus 

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, GFWilliams said:

Thanks for the kind words chaps, got to love the pure design of the Exige S. A little lower and the silver bits black.  I miss the forged wheels, but am amazed how good the winter tyres are.

Nearly as nice as the 380 model......not quite, but nearly😉

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

What yours has in looks and carbon, mine makes up for in revs at 7200rpm 😜

So hopefully in February I'll have the looks, carbon and 7000 rpm (granted not 7200) , if I can beat the bad weather/snow and get to Germany....  ;);)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

So hopefully in February I'll have the looks, carbon and 7000 rpm (granted not 7200) , if I can beat the bad weather/snow and get to Germany....  ;);)

Roads will be cleared of snow in Germany, you should be on winter tyres though at this time of year really...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Roads will be cleared of snow in Germany, you should be on winter tyres though at this time of year really...

Your right about the tyres, but normally my good cars hibernate November to April.... yep, I’m a wuss, just with having cars built in the 60s/70#s I’ve just grown to hate salt... 🤐😳😫

cheers

2 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Your right about the tyres, but normally my good cars hibernate November to April.... yep, I’m a wuss, just with having cars built in the 60s/70#s I’ve just grown to hate salt... 🤐😳😫

cheers

It's worth putting ACF50 on the car each year on wishbones etc :)

• Like 1

Yep,do that, great stuff too...

2 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

It's worth putting ACF50 on the car each year on wishbones etc :)

Yeo, do that., especially my daughters S2 Elise, it’s great stuff and creeps in everywhere

• Like 1

Aren't these modern cars that have been designed and tested to operate year round in a broad range of conditions subject to normal maintenance as described in the owner's manual? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, vd9 said:

Aren't these modern cars that have been designed and tested to operate year round in a broad range of conditions subject to normal maintenance as described in the owner's manual? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hahaha brilliant.....

Small boring update...

Car was serviced at Back on Track today including gearbox oil change.  Also had geo checked as the car felt a little unstable at high speeds, which was due to the rear toe being set to dead straight on one side. Toe in set correctly now and the car feels a lot better because of it.

Car all running nicely at the moment, 48,800 miles on it now!  Being daily driven at the moment which I'm enjoying. Winter tyres are great fun, although will be nice to have some warm dry roads on Cup 2 at some stage.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2019 at 20:48, GFWilliams said:

6A90651D-88EA-48CB-84A6-A984DBD789AF.jpeg

F*k me, what a stunning photo......

On 29/01/2019 at 22:52, GFWilliams said:

Winter tyres are absolutely amazing things.  Ignore any fun, they’re just so much safer, the braking on snow with winters is no worse than in the wet with cup 2!   

2C7AAC6B-001C-416C-B607-3ECF83C5BCB8.jpeg

How did you get the "candles for headlamps" to  be that bright B-) got to love Adobe :wub:

2 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

F*k me, what a stunning photo......

How did you get the "candles for headlamps" to  be that bright B-) got to love Adobe :wub:

I have LED bulbs... They appear like they should be bright, but the projectors are so bad that the visibility is still crap.

In time, I want to take the headlight unit apart and change it to a proper Bi-LED projector. At the moment it's a 60mm projector which is more a motorbike size, I'd upgrade to 90mm which should give a much clearer light. I don't really want to take apart my headlight at the moment though, ideally I'll find a damaged headlight to work out the feasibility first as I think it'll need the inner plastic reshaping to change it from two separate beams to one.

Obviously it won't be a cheap exercise as I'll want it to look as good, if not better, than the OEM unit when done.

It's been a while since I've done anything proper to my car. After lots of research, I've ordered a 60mm low beam projector from Hella.  I think it's too big a job at the moment to make a 90mm projector fit as it would require considerable changes to the headlight assembly. The 60mm is the same size as the factory projector, so should go in without huge modifications. I expect a couple of holes will need to be drilled, and maybe a little cutting, but that remains to be seen when the projector arrives and I have removed my headlight units from the car.

60mm_Module_Highlights_Powersports_HELLA.jpg.1844a7d0d1fc03a03098c03e0b060960.jpg

277190931_60mmModuleHighBeam.jpg.bb9d52cb90110217a6fd400f1799004b.jpg

29 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

What have you done to me. I'm now running smaller lights in my grille on The Crew 2. 

Really digging the look - reminds me of an Exige S2.

Might be another solution to add more light with less crazy rally lights? 

Screenshot_20190209-141034_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190209-140922_Gallery.jpg

Horrific !!

5 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

What have you done to me. I'm now running smaller lights in my grille on The Crew 2. 

Really digging the look - reminds me of an Exige S2.

Might be another solution to add more light with less crazy rally lights? 

Those pictures are good examples of how to ruin an Exige V6.  🤣

16 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Those pictures are good examples of how to ruin an Exige V6.  🤣

Sadly it comes as a pack, either a plain Exige S, or you gotta take everything to get the Cup/380 access panel, louvres and splitter. The vents are okay, just wish there weren't 6, and I don't know what those nostril looking things are! 

14 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Sadly it comes as a pack, either a plain Exige S, or you gotta take everything to get the Cup/380 access panel, louvres and splitter. The vents are okay, just wish there weren't 6, and I don't know what those nostril looking things are! 

The car would be well suited in max power magazine... ( do they still produce that ?!) pink or brown ? 😳😂

on a serious note, all they vents and louvres completely ruin the look of the car. Each to their own of course!

20 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I know its a bit nuts, its a game, relax :) its just about the lights!!

But game is real life now. Nothing is real anymore. This is being typed by an autonomous BOT.  This conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way.