Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 48 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 minutes ago, notabene said:

Thanks for info about Nitron vs Ohlins. Which one would you pick mostly for b roads? Also compared to 1way Nitrons. Thanks

Nitron 3 way are better on the road, although I always run mine too stiff as it means they handle better on smooth roads/track. Ohlins are really track focused but really do make the car more composed on track and find more grip.

Nitron 1 way don’t come close to either.

1 hour ago, GFWilliams said:

Nitron 3 way are better on the road, although I always run mine too stiff as it means they handle better on smooth roads/track. Ohlins are really track focused but really do make the car more composed on track and find more grip.

Nitron 1 way don’t come close to either.

Have you tried my one ways ?????

On 09/01/2019 at 19:17, GFWilliams said:

I went for the Crystal package, which is the full works.   It's £700 plus transport cost :)

In my experience, Topaz service has been top notch. Prices are on the high side, but you know you're getting a good job every time.

Zenith prices are a bit more sensible for normal people like us, so I'm very happy.

@GFWilliams Just checking that you would still recommend Zenith Detailing for the service they provide?  Do you know if they offer mobile detailing, where they come to you?  Thanks!

13 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

@GFWilliams Just checking that you would still recommend Zenith Detailing for the service they provide?  Do you know if they offer mobile detailing, where they come to you?  Thanks!

100%, they transformed my car and brought it back to looking better than new. My paint was a little faded in places and it’s now perfect :D

They offer mobile detailing based out of Canterbury, although you’re best leaving your car with them to get the best job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

100%, they transformed my car and brought it back to looking better than new. My paint was a little faded in places and it’s now perfect :D

They offer mobile detailing based out of Canterbury, although you’re best leaving your car with them to get the best job.

Terrific, thanks very much. Have given them a call and they were very helpful (and complimentary about your car!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2019 at 22:19, GFWilliams said:

Need a new set of Cup 2 as Nankangs aren't up to trackdays really.

Are you referring at Nankang AR-1s George? I was going to try them when my Trofeos are worn out. Thanks 

1 hour ago, RedViper said:

Are you referring at Nankang AR-1s George? I was going to try them when my Trofeos are worn out. Thanks 

Just go Cup2s can’t recommend them enough and I was a Trofeo die hard fan until I switched!

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

8 hours ago, alias23 said:

Just go Cup2s can’t recommend them enough and I was a Trofeo die hard fan until I switched!

Cheers for the advice. What sizes do you run please? 

hace you tried the AR-1s?

thanks 

Edited by RedViper

2 hours ago, RedViper said:

Cheers for the advice. What sizes do you run please? 

hace you tried the AR-1s?

thanks 

The AR-1s are a decent tyre for the price but they are slower and don't last as long is what I've been told from two different sources. Sure George can add his own view.

For the Cup2s I went 215 front and 265 rear, I DIDNT go the 275 or 285 at the rear as some have as I wanted to get some slip vs all grip which I think also creates some understeer on these cars.

www.alias23.com

46 minutes ago, alias23 said:

The AR-1s are a decent tyre for the price but they are slower and don't last as long is what I've been told from two different sources. Sure George can add his own view.

For the Cup2s I went 215 front and 265 rear, I DIDNT go the 275 or 285 at the rear as some have as I wanted to get some slip vs all grip which I think also creates some understeer on these cars.

Ok thanks 👍

I wouldn’t go for AR-1 again, I really didn’t like the way the car felt on them to be honest, the grip levels were no way near as good as you would expect, given how compromised they are with that tread pattern.  I’ve been running Nankang NS2-R for a while now, they’re great on the road and still allow a bit of fun without being silly, but on track they can’t really cope with the power.

I’ll be buying Cup 2 again, I think it’s the best tyre available for the Exige (I feel like I’ve tried most now!). I’ll be going for 225 front (to see if it fits!) and 285 rear (I never had problems with understeer on them before).

Love the attention to detail in your car GF.

I have a feeling we crossed paths many, many years ago on the dieselstation forums in the photography section.  You were just getting into photography or something, and your shots were amazing already.  I think.  I'm not sure.  It was so long ago.

On 14/03/2019 at 19:36, wilchelus said:

Love the attention to detail in your car GF.

I have a feeling we crossed paths many, many years ago on the dieselstation forums in the photography section.  You were just getting into photography or something, and your shots were amazing already.  I think.  I'm not sure.  It was so long ago.

Dieselstation was an amazing forum, it’s where a lot of up and coming photographers met and learnt a lot.  I’m still in contact with a lot of the guys from there, often pitching against them for the top commercial jobs which is pretty mad!  I still pinch myself that I’m lucky enough to be able to make a living doing something I enjoy so much!

Had another bit of track time yesterday at Silverstone on a private trackday run by Topaz Detailing for their customers.   The level of cars present was quite frankly ridiculous, and the majority of drivers were very good.

It was run on the international circuit, which I'd not driven before and as I could only stay until 12, I didn't fully get to grips with it, especially as it's quite bumpy.  I managed a 1:17.1 according to my vbox, will look at what the ideal time is and where I'm losing the time.  I like doing a bit shorter a track than the GP, to be honest, as it gives you a chance to change the damper settings, do a short session and feel the difference. I stiffened the high-speed compression a lot and the car felt a lot more stable, although the car has some mid-corner bounce when fully loaded, which I believe needs to be sorted either with the ARBs, or with stiffer springs?

Unfortunately, my Go-Pro decided it didn't want to work yesterday, so I only have a couple of fly by clips, which show the kind of cars battling on track.  Overtaking on both sides is quite nice, and good respect was shown between drivers as most knew each other.  To be honest, the Exige has no right to be even close to a lot of these cars, so I was very happy to be battling with them.  Special shout out goes to the Carrera GT, which was just a total joy to watch!  

• Like 2

Hi @GFWilliams, am I right in thinking that you have been (and are still) running Komotec headers, downpipe and linkpipe with sports cat, but mated to a 2bular backbox?

i am looking to go with that combo myself and curious if there is anything I should watch out for? Will the 2bular backbox fit ok to the KT linkpipe? I remember reading you had some problems with your initial installation.

Is the KT system the same pipe diameter as the 2bular system?

Many thanks