Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 61 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, 62dave said:

I’ve been eyeing one of these racks for my Evora. The local bike shop has an retro lotus race bike and I was planning on borrowing that for a few photos on the roof of my car!

@62dave is it a Sport 110 or Sport 108?  If so, can you let me have details of which bike shop has got it.  I help run the Sport 110 Club and we maintain a register of bikes, so always keen to check if there are ones spotted that we don't know about.  We've found about half of the roughly 250 that were built.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
36 minutes ago, TomE said:

@62dave is it a Sport 110 or Sport 108?  If so, can you let me have details of which bike shop has got it.  I help run the Sport 110 Club and we maintain a register of bikes, so always keen to check if there are ones spotted that we don't know about.  We've found about half of the roughly 250 that were built.

It’s a 110 apparently - down with Rockets and Rascals in Poole 

48C2DFDB-C021-4986-9599-C6213AB78B33.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

George - did you get your Leather steering wheel recovered in alcantara - or did you have to buy a new one from Lotus?

would like to retrim to Alcantara but wondering if the shape allows...

For what its worth, it looks like the Lotus factory Alcantara wheels are also leather on the inside - maybe its easier to preserve the detail design that way:

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/lotus/2017-lotus-exige-cup-430-ar178286.html

I might just go with that. Message sent to Krossstitch UK - thank you.

Edited by 3eighty

• 4 weeks later...

And @GFWilliams you were captured on #DriveByCarShow too! Video uploaded on 2nd July.

image.thumb.png.c6c2037a6bb14cd678a8fe0556588720.png

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Love the attention to detail as always George on the carbon version of the 430 cup Louvre, if you not wanting to respray what’s your plan on having these fitted?

i know you said you can’t respray sections to the liquid yellow...can you not respray the full front clam, or will this still stand out and not match the liquid yellow On the test of the car?

cheers

duncan 

Bike is done...

I know not that related to the car, but it shows what the car would have been with the pink paint we mixed up from scratch. This forum mutes the colour a little, but I love how it looks combined with the anthracite. I'm a real lover of attention to detail, so I modified the new lotus logo a bit to make the design a bit nicer to my tastes, then got Ken to do it all in Anthracite so it has a lovely metallic in it. Of course, it's all under the lacquer so you can't feel it and no horrible vinyl on the bike!

GFW_9961web.jpg

GFW_9964web.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Jeez, just looked up the values of those 993 Turbos.  OMG......! :shock:

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Wow. That Gemballa is a lovely looking motor car.

I do like the more focused Porsche cars (turbo's and GT cars) but just can't get my head around the more modern range with the likes of the Panabarge, the Skipenne etc. 

Another bloody lovely 993 Turbo!  If this carries on I'll have to buy a Porsche (an old one, not a new one!)  :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

Front number plate holder through the grill?

@C8RKH - nope, they’re the exhaust backbox hangar brackets. Each time I’ve changed the backbox it’s been a nightmare to try to align the bolts as the retaining nuts move inside the subframe. So I put a bolt all the way through the retaining nuts, used permanent locktight, then use a nut on the exhaust side. Makes it significantly quicker and easier to change the exhaust.

A643F4A5-13A8-4526-9410-26AFD6159A58.thumb.jpeg.3c278dbab44c402bd5c831c4e00004ee.jpeg

573349A7-F97A-4203-ABFB-D5838D7B4C21.thumb.jpeg.94a49d259ec90915e22302bee3e6e43a.jpeg

I know it’s very geeky, but the little things make a difference. 

I should explain the reason behind doing this. For a while, I’ve had two 2bular exhausts. One which was nonvalved, decat and LOUD, one which is valved, with a cat and quietish.  I wanted my loud system to be valved and so I’ve bought a 410 Stainless exhaust which I will run with a decat link pipe. Hopefully it’s fairly quiet with the valve closed and then nice and noisy with the valve open. We’ll see once it’s fitted. Oh, and I’m doing a little mod to the exhaust tip to make it look a bit nicer... 

• Like 1

I hate it when captive nuts aren't as captive as you'd like. Nice little modification that will make your life significantly easier.

Oh,  and happy birthday!!

• Like 1