Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 32 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

8 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

please can you expand how you know about flow?  I haven't heard of a 430 going on a dyno yet, so it sounds like you're just guessing?

Drop big Jim a line or go look at his website...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

@Bravo73 - please can you expand how you know about flow?  I haven't heard of a 430 going on a dyno yet, so it sounds like you're just guessing?

Blimey. Here we go again. 

The factory 430bhp cars (both the Evora and the Exige) are making 430bhp with the OEM Toyota headers. So there doesn’t SEEM to be any issues with the flow. 

FWIW, I also used to be under the impression that the OEM headers were restrictive (because that is what I had heard or read somewhere - I even bought a set of the KT headers on that basis). That is until somebody pointed out that the factory cars seem to be able to make their power without any issues. 

19 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

That is until somebody pointed out that the factory cars seem to be able to make their power without any issues. 

Got to love your vagueness...

The factory manifold exit outer diameter is 1 7/8”. Considering the backbox on the 380/430 is then a larger diameter, that means they’re being restricted before the backbox.

But if “someone” says it’s okay than that makes it fine 😆. I guess pay your money, take your own choice.

Now shall we get back on topic?

Yep, those are the very same KT manifolds that I’ve got on my car. 

Don’t worry - I used to be in the same ‘camp’ as you. (ie “Those ugly, OEM manifolds with a cat must be so restrictive etc etc etc”). But, unfortunately, there is no denying that the factory cars are making 430bhp with those very same ‘ugly, OEM manifolds with a cat’. 

Well the Evora 400 was producing 370hp, not 400hp claimed. No one has dyno tested a 430 yet.

You’re arguing the same point, with no actual facts. And there is plenty of denying your “facts”, to which you’ve tried to justify with no more than “someone at Lotus said so”.

Lets go back to my original point, which isn’t extracting 430hp, it’s extracting more from a 1900TVS supercharger with a chargecooler, and the point in doing so when you could already get 460hp from the approach Komo-tec takes.  Maybe the factory car produces a genuine 430hp (I hope it does!), but when talking about tuning and adding a bigger supercharger, plus charge cooling, there will be a restriction in the flow of the manifolds, cats and potentially back box. You also have gearbox restrictions, plus to get any more than 460hp you need to strengthen internals of the engine.  To deny this you would be a fool.

Now if we could get back on topic of my car for this thread, that would be excellent. If you wish to talk about manifolds more please feel free to start a fresh thread.

• Like 1

Maybe your topic is now running out of steam.

Everyone wants to assume that because they have chosen something it must be right !!!! But opinion will always be divided and rightly so 

8 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Well the Evora 400 was producing 370hp, not 400hp claimed. 

ISTR that when @JayEmm put his 400 on @Hangar 111‘s dyno, it came out at pretty close to 400bhp (contrary to expectations). 

Like someone has posted in the past, don’t believe everything that you read on the internet.  ;)

• Gold FFM

We did have an issue at the time because of running on a 2WD dyno, we suspected the ECU was not allowing full power. It happens in a lot of cars, they are programmed not to like dynos.

However I achieved 390 on one run, more interested was a torque figure on another run which came out at 317lb ft.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

2 minutes ago, NW76 said:

Back to topic: @GFWilliams I ve been looking at your pictures with the yellow Cup 430 ... what do you think of the new way to mount the license plate? How does it look in direct comp in the flesh?

I think it looks ****.  The front end would be much better with no plate, or plate the old way.

:sofa:

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

ISTR that when @JayEmm put his 400 on @Hangar 111‘s dyno, it came out at pretty close to 400bhp (contrary to expectations). 

Like someone has posted in the past, don’t believe everything that you read on the internet.  ;)

Please start a new thread if you'd like to discuss this further :)

• Thanks 1