free hit
counters
GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 10 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

1 minute ago, RedViper said:

Hi

its interesting you now have the full valve control with the 2bular back box. I presume you aren't running it forced closed on track days? I specifically asked Jim about doing this when I was ordering mine (ended up with track system) and he strongly advised against forcing the valve shut at higher revs, his main argument besides the obvious extra back pressure on the engine was the heat would destroy the exhaust valve. I did assume he may have been being conservative as I cant see how his road system with the valve shut would be more restrictive than the stock system with valve open so I'm keen to know how you get on. sounds like you have the best of both worlds and no faff with add on silencers.:).

also can I ask why you never went with the KT clutch and uprated flywheel please? I always had in the back on my head if/when clutch ever needs a change that's the system I would go for..... also great news to hear that H111 have managed to drastically reduce the time to swap a clutch.

Jim told me this about the exhaust valve too. Komo-tec said it would be no problem.  You loose about 10hp and some torque with the valve closed throughout the entire rev range, plus it's a bit less responsive.

With the valve closed, the system is 100db at 4500rpm. With it open at higher revs it's 117db :sofa:

Komotec told me that this was the best clutch & flywheel to go for for my usage.  I'm sort of a little disappointed there's no lightweight flywheel, but having driven Daniel's demo car I'm glad I don't have his uprated clutch as it's a pain in the arse IMO. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
48 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Komotec told me that this was the best clutch & flywheel to go for for my usage.  I'm sort of a little disappointed there's no lightweight flywheel, but having driven Daniel's demo car I'm glad I don't have his uprated clutch as it's a pain in the arse IMO. 

I have driven the demo car as well ... the uprated clutch is almost only to recomed if you do no or very little street driving ... its a nightmare in a traffic jam ...

34 minutes ago, NW76 said:

I have driven the demo car as well ... the uprated clutch is almost only to recomed if you do no or very little street driving ... its a nightmare in a traffic jam ...

I don't think it's too bad, but agree that I wouldn't want to be doing start-stop driving for too long with!

@GFWilliams, you have the AP one that KT offer?

Dave

2 hours ago, NW76 said:

BUT I guess its epic alongside the LSD for big tyre shredding burnouts! :devil:

www.alias23.com

I think you'll need something come MOT time. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

19 hours ago, alias23 said:

There is a whirring noise from the discs when driving. You do get a little squeaks but nothing that bothers me and it's not always a constant just now and again...

Ok, thanks, something to think about. Is the whirring noise constant?

2015 Orange Exige V6

From MOT guidance:

Approval marks are not included in the inspection.

Reflective tape is not acceptable as a substitute for a rear reflector.

So although the Photoshopped version won't swing it, a tasteful (or temporary) reflector might work. No need for it to be E marked. Rare earth magnets anyone?

• Like 1

• Bibs changed the title to GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6