free hit
counters
GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 27 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Splash. 

Some photos this evening

A couple of photos from last night in London...

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, NevB said:

wow! time to do the dash binnacle too!

Will be Carbon at some stage... 

3 minutes ago, Top cat said:

Have you thought about a smaller mirror, to match the size of the interior. I have seen a few S2, with a lovely egg shaped one. 

Don't mind the mirror tbh. If I were to do anything I'd put an autodimming one in, but to be honest I can't be bothered!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

I decided you were all wrong about the carpets so fully yellow carpets were ordered... 

DSC_5305.jpg

I've been admiring your photos and upgrade thread for a while George - but the yellow mats look gash!   I do hope you were kidding......

Everything else looks the business.  What a car you're turning this into.....

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Daveb99 said:

I've been admiring your photos and upgrade thread for a while George - but the yellow mats look gash!   I do hope you were kidding......

Everything else looks the business.  What a car you're turning this into.....

I have to fully agree with that.
With black mats, all looks "grownup". Just an interior with some yellow accents, all tasteful and matching to each other. Carbon is flashy, but looks lovely with vents and yellow stitching.

But that's not how it looks like with the yellow one. I think you will change your mind once you put new one in :D

• Bibs changed the title to GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

Ha.......thank god!   I’m usually one for keeping things standard but I have to say I’m contemplating a set of afterburners - I think they are jaw droppingly good.....

Where are they from George?

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Ha.......thank god!   I’m usually one for keeping things standard but I have to say I’m contemplating a set of afterburners - I think they are jaw droppingly good.....

Where are they from George?

They’re from Transforged racing 

https://transforged.com/

50 minutes ago, TonyKL said:

Anymore details?  How big a job is it to fit?  Sounds like Jez is doing it for you, any other jobs that can be done at the same time?

I heard it’s not an easy job.

Jez has the car as I’m away with work, he’s also installing my subwoofer, Transforged V1 mirrors, setting up my 3 way Nitrons and anything else he finds! 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, RedViper said:

Aren’t they changed as part of the 460 upgrade anyway? Or is there an improved design? 

Apparently not part of the 460 kit which is a shame...

The old stock part had seen better days!

C19A25FA-0639-4ED6-B4CB-E8D4C1432F85.thumb.jpeg.2267ea26d4519231c3ac011515e68422.jpeg

12 hours ago, 550superfast said:

Manifolds and sports cat are part of the normal ex460 kit. 

Did you specifically request without when you had it all fitted?

This is downpipe, not the manifold.  The downpipe is what links the manifolds to the sports cats. No performance benefit over the stock parts which is why it’s not included.

2 hours ago, 550superfast said:

Ohh, I assumed you got the lot as part of the kit, from manifolds right through to end of sports cat

Me too. I have a lot of time for komo-tec but I’m gobsmacked that they aren’t thrown in as part of the conversion. It’s like not changing underlay when you change your carpets. Yes you probably won’t notice any difference but for the relative additional cost compared to carpet you just do it anyway. Maybe I’m just OCD. 

Edited by RedViper
1 minute ago, RedViper said:

Me too. I have a lot of time for komo-tec but I’m gobsmacked that they aren’t thrown in as part of the conversion. It’s like not changing underlay when you change your carpets. Yes you probably won’t notice any difference but for the relative additional cost compared to carpet you just do it anyway. Maybe I’m just OCD. 

While of course I would have loved it if they were done in the first place, now that my stock downpipe failed, I can fully understand Komo-tec's reasoning. There is no performance benefit and would just add to the cost of the conversion, so why is it needed?  It's not a cheap part, I'm sure if they gave most customers the option of changing it, 90% would keep the stock part instead?

9 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

While of course I would have loved it if they were done in the first place, now that my stock downpipe failed, I can fully understand Komo-tec's reasoning. There is no performance benefit and would just add to the cost of the conversion, so why is it needed?  It's not a cheap part, I'm sure if they gave most customers the option of changing it, 90% would keep the stock part instead?

I’m just surprised is all. I’ve only ever looked at the 2bular manifolds and with that one you buy the manifold and downpipe as a set. 

Presumably the komotec version is stronger than the stock one thus preventing you from having another failure....

Im probably wrong but I would expect a fully engineered exhaust from manifolds to back box would give better performance than half stock half new

Edited by RedViper