free hit
counters
GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 29 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

• Gold FFM

looks bloody swell George. Lovely job and great attention to detail.  love it. Is she a keeper then ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
15 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

This is the phone holder, it's suppose to go in the CD player slot, but wasn't sturdy enough there so I forced it into the slight gap above the CD player and it's much better. It's not as sturdy as my old quadlock mount, but it's quicker to get the phone on and off and looks neater, so I'm happy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01D40U016/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a Mega mount which sits on top of the dash and the phone rests on the top of the speakers. It's perfect, could recommend it enough. I'll try get a photo.

15 hours ago, C8RKH said:

looks bloody swell George. Lovely job and great attention to detail.  love it. Is she a keeper then ;)

Got to be a keeper, I've spent too much to be able to justify selling now!

14 hours ago, SFO said:

Love the mirrors 😍😍

Me too, although I'm changing to the V2 stalks as I want a bit more stability. The field of view is a big improvement though which to me is important for reducing blind spots.

46 minutes ago, DT 350 said:

I have a Mega mount which sits on top of the dash and the phone rests on the top of the speakers. It's perfect, could recommend it enough. I'll try get a photo.

I've heard good things about mega mounts, but I don't like window mounted mounts, or mounts which take up any windscreen area, which is why I opted for this mount in front of the radio. 

• Gold FFM
32 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Got to be a keeper, I've spent too much to be able to justify selling now!

Oh, that's a shame. Now that it's finished, well sorted and looking spanking good I was gonna offer you £30k for it so you could start the next project.........  

:sofa::harhar::driving:

In all seriousness, a very nice job George and Lotus should steal some of your ideas if they have not already.  Bravo....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Very nice indeed George.  Although I reckon with the amount you’ve spent on upgrades you could have bought a factory 430 by now :P

Not the point though....it’s a very individual car you have there...

They look brilliant, and as you know I'm really interested how you get on with the mount over time. I'm happy with my fixed EBF1 mounts on my B6 as they're rock solid and set how I like it, but sometimes flexibility is appreciated (by people more tall than me!).

That steering wheel looks a bit too close for comfort... from memory I remember telling you to get a removable steering wheel if going for the B6. How you finding access in and out with the OEM wheel?! 

www.alias23.com

2 hours ago, DT 350 said:
15 hours ago, DT 350 said:

I am quite surprised that it's well "attached" on the dash :o

4 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Really don't like that phone mound, sorry!  It interrupts the view out of the windscreen and is just an ugly design!

On a more positive note, I popped out to take a photo of the interior...  Can't express how happy I am B-)

Untitled1web1.jpg

How is it that your dash is on but there is clearly no key in the ignition?

6 hours ago, Rapid said:

How is it that your dash is on but there is clearly no key in the ignition?

Photoshop!  When doing night photos you have to do several shots to light the interior, so I took the key out as it's ugly!

7 hours ago, NW76 said:

Are the seats fixed or can they be moved back an forth?

The passenger seat is on the new EB4 fixed bracket (I think). The drivers seat is on a bracket (EB5 I think) on top of the Lotus runner, although seems a lot more sterdy now it's properly fitted than the Lotus seat ever was.

Today I'm going to change the pitch of the drivers seat a bit to lean it more forward as it's a bit to laid back, even for me.

Re phone holders, I use a vent mount that works a treat 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/YOSH-Magnetic-iPhones-Samsung-devices/dp/B01JG7ZMIW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501