free hit
counters
GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 30 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content


GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6


Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, DJW said:

Re phone holders, I use a vent mount that works a treat 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/YOSH-Magnetic-iPhones-Samsung-devices/dp/B01JG7ZMIW

problem with the vent mounts in the lotus is that the vents are round so as you turn the weight of the phone on the vent tends to rotate the vents and you end up with a phone that keeps moving around. Can be super annoying if you're OCD. Also not practical in the summer especially since the AC is barely effective without anything blocking the vent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Splash. 

Had an amazing day at Rockingham today, the car is fantastic. Setup isn't quite right on the suspension but still fun regardless.  Will go into more detail as to my thoughts on the car when properly p

Some photos this evening

Posted Images

:lol:

 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM

How much smaller is the 430? Or is it purely the angle that makes it look more Elise like.

agree though, much prefer the older models to this new 430 look. 

When you see the 430 on its own it isn’t as obvious (to my untrained eye at least), glad my sensible side prevailed and I didn’t upgrade to one. Carbon and tvs1900 for mine it is!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BatMobile said:

How much smaller is the 430? Or is it purely the angle that makes it look more Elise like.

 

 

;) 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BatMobile said:

How much smaller is the 430? Or is it purely the angle that makes it look more Elise like.

agree though, much prefer the older models to this new 430 look. 

When you see the 430 on its own it isn’t as obvious (to my untrained eye at least), glad my sensible side prevailed and I didn’t upgrade to one. Carbon and tvs1900 for mine it is!

Of course its not smaller, that is just the angle.

I saw the 430 at KT two weeks ago and must say I love the look, the vented wheel wells are almost a must. It just generally looks much more aerodynamically optimised. However I agree with all those that say the value for money doesn't justify it. At 130k€ the Exige just doesn't provide the comfort and luxury required for that price. 

Of course you can argue a trackday weapon doesn't need to be useable elsewhere, but then go buy the 3Eleven!

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, TBD said:

Of course its not smaller, that is just the angle

Yeah I realised my stupidity shortly afterwards; the downside to reading TLF whilst on a tedious conference call! As a man I should know I can’t do two things at the same time.

Was going to edit it but the Link Dave added made me chuckle so left it as is.

Either way still prefer to spend my cash copying the cup380 style and adding more power through TVS/komotec. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TBD said:

I saw the 430 at KT two weeks ago and must say I love the look, the vented wheel wells are almost a must. It just generally looks much more aerodynamically optimised. However I agree with all those that say the value for money doesn't justify it. At 130k€ the Exige just doesn't provide the comfort and luxury required for that price. 

Of course you can argue a trackday weapon doesn't need to be useable elsewhere, but then go buy the 3Eleven!

You're right I think. Personally I'm not so much of a fan of the 430 in yellow, the carbon becomes a bit too much for me.  I love Alex's black 430 Cup, that's my ultimate spec I think.

18 minutes ago, BatMobile said:

Either way still prefer to spend my cash copying the cup380 style and adding more power through TVS/komotec. 

Basically what I'm doing now...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM

Exactly George, love the evolution of your car.

has inspired me to get Dave at hangar 111 to source all carbon replacements for every Matt black panel on the 350 in the guise of the cup380; not looking forward to the bill on that one.

hoping to jump in a TVS and komotec car this year at a track day and then look at upgrading next winter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BatMobile said:

Exactly George, love the evolution of your car.

has inspired me to get Dave at hangar 111 to source all carbon replacements for every Matt black panel on the 350 in the guise of the cup380; not looking forward to the bill on that one.

hoping to jump in a TVS and komotec car this year at a track day and then look at upgrading next winter.

Let us know what it comes to, I'm curious.

Looking at 350s soon and wondering if its worth taking a car in worse spec but with carbon xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2018 at 17:24, MesTCS said:

Seeing them together like that makes me absolutely certain how much I prefer the old front end to the new one! 

the front, i like both, not fussed either way, nothing really offends , whats is a real odd move is the  move to single rear light and small reverse light...  it looks off, odd, and way out of proportion..   would stop me buying one for sure..

having said that i could not own the mclaren senna either, that really is an ugly design... 

love the interior work gw...  just spendid..

 

Edited by andyj007
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...