free hit
counters
GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 34 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

option 2 !!!!!!!

option 1 only if you plan to move to carbon roof, and front carbon panel.

liquid yellow is your colour, keep it !

if you go to option 3, I will cross the channel with my own brush :)

I’m leaning towards option 2.

I think option 1 contrasts the carbon mirrors and option 3 has too much yellow.  Having said that, Liquid Yellow is much better in person, so it might not be too much. 

I have a few days to make up my mind, so all opinions welcome!

Option  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  time for bed said zebedee....

Sorry...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It's just a bit of fun... If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. 

My aim of this thread is to share my passion for my car and the journey as it changes and the adventures I get to experience in it. It'd be a shame to not continue because a couple of people are negative towards me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

It'd be a shame to not continue because a couple of people are negative towards me.

:lol: have you read your comments on other people’s  threads .  People in glass houses George ;)

Anyway, spoiler will look great whatever :)

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

George, I like them all!

I guess it's all about context though. I really like option 3 as it reminds me of the earlier Exiges. I also think definitely option 3 if you're painting the engine cover, can't remember what you said there. 

But it also depends on everything else you plan to do. If you're also doing splitter, side skirts and canards then my choice would be 2. Maybe with the full width lip of the spoiler at the back left in exposed carbon?

It's going to look fantastic whatever you do. 

Option 2 for me.

Edited to add: That's assuming that taking it off completely isn't an option, even though it would look SOOO much better... /Roadster owner and proud :)

Edited by PhilS
  • Haha 1

Have you managed to fine tune the 3-way damper settings yet and if so, what are you setting them to, on road and track?

Great pictures and I have been enjoying reading your experiences with the changes that you have made to the car. If you were to do it all again, would you do the same and what upgrades have been the best in your eyes?

Option two regarding the rear spoiler too. 

Steve. 

Well yes I understand, but seing how much the Exiges are being used, that's only relevant for a lot of track use right ? Is it an easy swap? Fuel gage works as good afterwards ? 

(my question was "what is that good about it", just forgot some words ! ) 

Edited by chumaxa

I had a pro-alloy tank in my VXR220 so same sort of thing, the fuel gauge only works when you get down to the standard level, so didn’t move for the first 80 miles or so & then worked fine. Unless the 60l tank is wider than standard & then the blocks will just go down at a slower rate. Brilliant bit of kit & a couple of times I found myself still moving several miles after the gauge had gone empty!

It’s something I’ll probably miss on a trip to Italy in July