free hit
counters
GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 37 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

• Gold FFM

I agree. I had asked for the one on my Evora 410 to not be fitted - did not want to screw through the carbon front and think it would look 100% better - but alas the guys in the workshop ignored it and fitted it anyway.  Argh.................    No choice now as otherwise you have the bloody holes in the carbon lip.  And the bracket thing is bloody huge so I will have to change it to get a smaller plate on. Hassle that could have been avoided.....

Can't think of any car made with a beautiful carbon lip that the manufacturers expect you to screw big holes in for the bloody number plate.  Oh well, glad they fixed it for the GT410/430 :(

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Splash. 

Some photos this evening

A couple of photos from last night in London...

Posted Images

EB54C852-6546-4B7C-901E-18A0DC38BB64.thumb.jpeg.69cccb058dbb452d01423aabead35bbd.jpeg

Thats how I mounted on the 400. You’re right @C8RKH especially with a carbon lip why drill it!? Idiots.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

13 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Thats how I mounted on the 400. You’re right @C8RKH especially with a carbon lip why drill it!? Idiots.

Lee, now you've changed the plate back is it still mounted the same? Easy for me to get this tape off if I put my own plate on it? 

@GFWilliams sorry for the thread drift!

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

To be honest I was seriously fooked off when I saw it had been done, especially when I had asked for it not to be done. But what was done was done by then and no way of changing it.  Hey ho.....   That is one little detail Lotus (and the dealers) should have got right. 

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Yes, I use Velcro. So you can easily Velcro a new plate to it, or remove the Velcro and screw down the plinth mount 😩

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I shall be investigating this weekend... You need to change your avatar, can you send me your current one please?! Nothing like a bit of forum confusion... 😉 

21 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

To be honest I was seriously fooked off when I saw it had been done, especially when I had asked for it not to be done. But what was done was done by then and no way of changing it.  Hey ho.....   That is one little detail Lotus (and the dealers) should have got right. 

I would have rained hell on them and demanded a new one. That's unacceptable. If it was mounted with tape then I'd let em off, but to make a hole? Shit.

• Gold FFM

But then the retort would have likely been "fitted as per factory spec"....

Not great I know. But the car is ;)

On 09/02/2018 at 15:49, GFWilliams said:

This much too low ?DC95460F-BDEE-4E9C-9753-1CB62B2382EE.thumb.jpeg.fe0e9b416d142235080229f37972bfde.jpeg

Ill set the ride heights and check the damper settings tonight then go for another drive!

These are a bit special. (Not sure exactly how to fit so this is temporary until Back On Track sort)

BAA41653-A1AE-4CDC-8009-35819DF78548.jpeg

Did you ever have an issue with 285s on the rear - looking at doing the same but with V6 CR on standard suspension at the moment 

4 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Just confirmed I'm getting the same wing that @alias23 has from DJ Engineering, except mine will be a tiny bit larger than his 😁

I will then look into a way to mount the wing a little higher as the Komo-tec mount looks a little too low to me.

Epic move bud... you will not be disappointed! 

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, NANO said:

what measures did you decide ?

for the height do you base yourself on the 430 CUP style ?

cheers

Wing will be 1450mm x 30mm, so 50mm wider than @alias23 has...  Does that mean he has the smallest wing now? 😆

The mounts are the Komo-tec ones. They're an absolute work of art, but I think it'd look better if it was bigger when the actual wing is so big. No science involved, I just think it'll look better. 

My thinking at the moment is that I'll get new custom mounts made to my spec for my car, then I can sell the Komo mounts with the current wing, which I will refurbish and replace a few parts to make it look nice, then sell it.   I'm sure someone will be very happy with it once the end plates are real carbon and the wing profile is finished in a nice glossy finish by my bodyshop. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 14/04/2018 at 03:14, GFWilliams said:

That’s just a quick snap on my phone before I drove my car home from my garage. I’m taking the car down to Beachy Head tomorrow so will get some nice shots with my new lens on the Hasselblad!

The B6 Screamer is on the rail on the drivers side. Totally solid compared to before, it’s fixed all the rail wobble problems.  I wanted to do it with a fixed mount before, but now it’s on the rail and works well I’m happy and won’t change.

Hi George, is it a direct bolt on to the stock rail?  What is the seat back angle and seat height compared to the stock seat?

Same questions for me ... makes the B6 very interesting if this is the case and would probably then work w/o a removeable steering wheel ...

After reading this build thread, i´m really interested in the B6 screamer, too.

Did someone compare it to the Reverie Mulsane C seats - referring built quality und comfort?

Another awesome day out today drifting in the Exige at Rockingham on one of their drift practice days.   While it was an awesome day, it was also quite a frustrating day as the Exige just didn't seem that suited to the track layout.  I much prefer fast sweeping corners, to slide on maximum lock and maximum throttle, than slow 1st and 2nd gear corners. Tight corners really show the lack of steering lock in the Exige which is quite tough to overcome.

For some reason the Garw dash went blank for a couple of runs at the end, I turned it off for a while to change back to Cup 2 to drive home and it started working perfectly the whole way home. 

This was my best run, it's not perfect and my handwork was a bit messy, but I was in control at least!  The Exige is a proper handful to transition. The pro guys were all using hydraulic handbrakes and it makes a big difference to be able to start the drifts, but also control the lines while sideways.

DSC_9388.thumb.jpg.31f6ca96dc4a04455327521da485e1b0.jpg

And a photo from the way there, with my idea of yellow end plates photoshopped:

DSC_9367.thumb.jpg.fc28e7cee2bd7937eedb6fac7a016e6e.jpg

• Like 2

You need to make sure that new wing is adjustable as it will make a difference to the on track handling. Too much wing and you get high speed under steer, too little and the back end will step out on fast corners. The wing can also knock off upto 5 mph at the end of a long straight.