free hit
counters
GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 47 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
GFWilliams

GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

Recommended Posts

I reckon the Exige looks great with and without the spoiler. Your pic above confirms it. Looks sleek rather than racy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, DJW said:

Why have you sold the wing George ?

Work has been very quiet recently, so any money I can free up going into Christmas is a bonus.  Unfortunately my Caterham will be up for sale in Spring time too for similar reasons.

Back on the standard wing now, I’m not too upset to be honest...

7E605095-9A40-43CB-9737-936741D753B7.jpeg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what's more impressive, their work, or your dedication to drive it all the time. 48k is mega, fair play - fills me with hope as I daily mile and racked up 3000 miles since August. 

Always hard to find a good detailer who charges fair prices and does good work.

Topaz and DUB customs have poor service with high prices, yet everyone who doesn't know better think they're the mutts nutts.

Will definitely check them out after seeing this and the other pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mattmahope said:

@GFWilliams Looks great! Which package did you get and how much did you pay for it?

I went for the Crystal package, which is the full works.   It's £700 plus transport cost :)

26 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Not sure what's more impressive, their work, or your dedication to drive it all the time. 48k is mega, fair play - fills me with hope as I daily mile and racked up 3000 miles since August. 

Always hard to find a good detailer who charges fair prices and does good work.

Topaz and DUB customs have poor service with high prices, yet everyone who doesn't know better think they're the mutts nutts.

Will definitely check them out after seeing this and the other pics.

In my experience, Topaz service has been top notch. Prices are on the high side, but you know you're getting a good job every time.

Zenith prices are a bit more sensible for normal people like us, so I'm very happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you’ve nailed the look now on that Exige of yours now George with the standard rear wing and spot-lights up front - looks great👌

863DD3C5-7970-4171-9B62-EE8C7B38AFA9.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

I think you’ve nailed the look now on that Exige of yours now George with the standard rear wing and spot-lights up front - looks great👌

863DD3C5-7970-4171-9B62-EE8C7B38AFA9.jpeg

That Sir is a truly lovely Lotus 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the kind words chaps, got to love the pure design of the Exige S. A little lower and the silver bits black.  I miss the forged wheels, but am amazed how good the winter tyres are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GFWilliams said:

Thanks for the kind words chaps, got to love the pure design of the Exige S. A little lower and the silver bits black.  I miss the forged wheels, but am amazed how good the winter tyres are.

Nearly as nice as the 380 model......not quite, but nearly😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Nearly as nice as the 380 model......not quite, but nearly😉

What yours has in looks and carbon, mine makes up for in revs at 7200rpm 😜

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

What yours has in looks and carbon, mine makes up for in revs at 7200rpm 😜

So hopefully in February I'll have the looks, carbon and 7000 rpm (granted not 7200) , if I can beat the bad weather/snow and get to Germany....  ;);)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

So hopefully in February I'll have the looks, carbon and 7000 rpm (granted not 7200) , if I can beat the bad weather/snow and get to Germany....  ;);)

Roads will be cleared of snow in Germany, you should be on winter tyres though at this time of year really...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Roads will be cleared of snow in Germany, you should be on winter tyres though at this time of year really...

Your right about the tyres, but normally my good cars hibernate November to April.... yep, I’m a wuss, just with having cars built in the 60s/70#s I’ve just grown to hate salt... 🤐😳😫

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Your right about the tyres, but normally my good cars hibernate November to April.... yep, I’m a wuss, just with having cars built in the 60s/70#s I’ve just grown to hate salt... 🤐😳😫

cheers

It's worth putting ACF50 on the car each year on wishbones etc :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep,do that, great stuff too...

2 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

It's worth putting ACF50 on the car each year on wishbones etc :)

Yeo, do that., especially my daughters S2 Elise, it’s great stuff and creeps in everywhere

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't these modern cars that have been designed and tested to operate year round in a broad range of conditions subject to normal maintenance as described in the owner's manual? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, vd9 said:

Aren't these modern cars that have been designed and tested to operate year round in a broad range of conditions subject to normal maintenance as described in the owner's manual? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hahaha brilliant.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small boring update...

Car was serviced at Back on Track today including gearbox oil change.  Also had geo checked as the car felt a little unstable at high speeds, which was due to the rear toe being set to dead straight on one side. Toe in set correctly now and the car feels a lot better because of it.

Car all running nicely at the moment, 48,800 miles on it now!  Being daily driven at the moment which I'm enjoying. Winter tyres are great fun, although will be nice to have some warm dry roads on Cup 2 at some stage.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/01/2019 at 20:48, GFWilliams said:

6A90651D-88EA-48CB-84A6-A984DBD789AF.jpeg

F*k me, what a stunning photo......

On 29/01/2019 at 22:52, GFWilliams said:

Winter tyres are absolutely amazing things.  Ignore any fun, they’re just so much safer, the braking on snow with winters is no worse than in the wet with cup 2!   

2C7AAC6B-001C-416C-B607-3ECF83C5BCB8.jpeg

How did you get the "candles for headlamps" to  be that bright B-) got to love Adobe :wub:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

F*k me, what a stunning photo......

How did you get the "candles for headlamps" to  be that bright B-) got to love Adobe :wub:

I have LED bulbs... They appear like they should be bright, but the projectors are so bad that the visibility is still crap.

In time, I want to take the headlight unit apart and change it to a proper Bi-LED projector. At the moment it's a 60mm projector which is more a motorbike size, I'd upgrade to 90mm which should give a much clearer light. I don't really want to take apart my headlight at the moment though, ideally I'll find a damaged headlight to work out the feasibility first as I think it'll need the inner plastic reshaping to change it from two separate beams to one.

Obviously it won't be a cheap exercise as I'll want it to look as good, if not better, than the OEM unit when done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a while since I've done anything proper to my car. After lots of research, I've ordered a 60mm low beam projector from Hella.  I think it's too big a job at the moment to make a 90mm projector fit as it would require considerable changes to the headlight assembly. The 60mm is the same size as the factory projector, so should go in without huge modifications. I expect a couple of holes will need to be drilled, and maybe a little cutting, but that remains to be seen when the projector arrives and I have removed my headlight units from the car.

60mm_Module_Highlights_Powersports_HELLA.jpg.1844a7d0d1fc03a03098c03e0b060960.jpg

277190931_60mmModuleHighBeam.jpg.bb9d52cb90110217a6fd400f1799004b.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...