free hit
counters
GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 48 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
GFWilliams

GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

What have you done to me. I'm now running smaller lights in my grille on The Crew 2. 

Really digging the look - reminds me of an Exige S2.

Might be another solution to add more light with less crazy rally lights? 

Screenshot_20190209-141034_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190209-140922_Gallery.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
29 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

What have you done to me. I'm now running smaller lights in my grille on The Crew 2. 

Screenshot_20190209-141034_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190209-140922_Gallery.jpg

Horrific !!

5 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Those pictures are good examples of how to ruin an Exige V6.  🤣

16 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Those pictures are good examples of how to ruin an Exige V6.  🤣

Sadly it comes as a pack, either a plain Exige S, or you gotta take everything to get the Cup/380 access panel, louvres and splitter. The vents are okay, just wish there weren't 6, and I don't know what those nostril looking things are! 

14 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Sadly it comes as a pack, either a plain Exige S, or you gotta take everything to get the Cup/380 access panel, louvres and splitter. The vents are okay, just wish there weren't 6, and I don't know what those nostril looking things are! 

The car would be well suited in max power magazine... ( do they still produce that ?!) pink or brown ? 😳😂

on a serious note, all they vents and louvres completely ruin the look of the car. Each to their own of course!

20 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I know its a bit nuts, its a game, relax :) its just about the lights!!

But game is real life now. Nothing is real anymore. This is being typed by an autonomous BOT.  This conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

Lucky with the weather by the looks of it. 

Have to say, I’ve never really been a fan of white Exiges but Imran’s looks crackin’.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for info about Nitron vs Ohlins. Which one would you pick mostly for b roads? Also compared to 1way Nitrons. Thanks

2 minutes ago, notabene said:

Thanks for info about Nitron vs Ohlins. Which one would you pick mostly for b roads? Also compared to 1way Nitrons. Thanks

Nitron 3 way are better on the road, although I always run mine too stiff as it means they handle better on smooth roads/track. Ohlins are really track focused but really do make the car more composed on track and find more grip.

Nitron 1 way don’t come close to either.

1 hour ago, GFWilliams said:

Nitron 3 way are better on the road, although I always run mine too stiff as it means they handle better on smooth roads/track. Ohlins are really track focused but really do make the car more composed on track and find more grip.

Nitron 1 way don’t come close to either.

Have you tried my one ways ?????

8 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Have you tried my one ways ?????

No, I bought the 1 way Nitrons from TLF so my feedback is from there.

I'd be interested to try your 1 ways to compare, but I'm running 3 ways now which I do like.

On 09/01/2019 at 19:17, GFWilliams said:

I went for the Crystal package, which is the full works.   It's £700 plus transport cost :)

In my experience, Topaz service has been top notch. Prices are on the high side, but you know you're getting a good job every time.

Zenith prices are a bit more sensible for normal people like us, so I'm very happy.

@GFWilliams Just checking that you would still recommend Zenith Detailing for the service they provide?  Do you know if they offer mobile detailing, where they come to you?  Thanks!

13 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

@GFWilliams Just checking that you would still recommend Zenith Detailing for the service they provide?  Do you know if they offer mobile detailing, where they come to you?  Thanks!

100%, they transformed my car and brought it back to looking better than new. My paint was a little faded in places and it’s now perfect :D

They offer mobile detailing based out of Canterbury, although you’re best leaving your car with them to get the best job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

100%, they transformed my car and brought it back to looking better than new. My paint was a little faded in places and it’s now perfect :D

They offer mobile detailing based out of Canterbury, although you’re best leaving your car with them to get the best job.

Terrific, thanks very much. Have given them a call and they were very helpful (and complimentary about your car!)

• Like 1

On 21/02/2019 at 22:19, GFWilliams said:

Need a new set of Cup 2 as Nankangs aren't up to trackdays really.

Are you referring at Nankang AR-1s George? I was going to try them when my Trofeos are worn out. Thanks 

1 hour ago, RedViper said:

Are you referring at Nankang AR-1s George? I was going to try them when my Trofeos are worn out. Thanks 

Just go Cup2s can’t recommend them enough and I was a Trofeo die hard fan until I switched!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alias23 said:

Just go Cup2s can’t recommend them enough and I was a Trofeo die hard fan until I switched!

Cheers for the advice. What sizes do you run please? 

hace you tried the AR-1s?

thanks 

Edited by RedViper

2 hours ago, RedViper said:

Cheers for the advice. What sizes do you run please? 

hace you tried the AR-1s?

thanks 

The AR-1s are a decent tyre for the price but they are slower and don't last as long is what I've been told from two different sources. Sure George can add his own view.

For the Cup2s I went 215 front and 265 rear, I DIDNT go the 275 or 285 at the rear as some have as I wanted to get some slip vs all grip which I think also creates some understeer on these cars.

46 minutes ago, alias23 said:

The AR-1s are a decent tyre for the price but they are slower and don't last as long is what I've been told from two different sources. Sure George can add his own view.

For the Cup2s I went 215 front and 265 rear, I DIDNT go the 275 or 285 at the rear as some have as I wanted to get some slip vs all grip which I think also creates some understeer on these cars.

Ok thanks 👍

I wouldn’t go for AR-1 again, I really didn’t like the way the car felt on them to be honest, the grip levels were no way near as good as you would expect, given how compromised they are with that tread pattern.  I’ve been running Nankang NS2-R for a while now, they’re great on the road and still allow a bit of fun without being silly, but on track they can’t really cope with the power.

I’ll be buying Cup 2 again, I think it’s the best tyre available for the Exige (I feel like I’ve tried most now!). I’ll be going for 225 front (to see if it fits!) and 285 rear (I never had problems with understeer on them before).

Love the attention to detail in your car GF.

I have a feeling we crossed paths many, many years ago on the dieselstation forums in the photography section.  You were just getting into photography or something, and your shots were amazing already.  I think.  I'm not sure.  It was so long ago.