free hit
counters
GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 51 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
GFWilliams

GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Karls said:

Paint your garage walls with white masonry paint; you’ll be amazed how much nicer and larger it makes the space feel. How long was the drive to North Wales btw?

I’ve thought about doing this, but it’s fairly low down the list. I need to re-seal the roof first as it gets a bit damp in there sometimes.

Aim is to buy a house which has a proper garage at some stage, then this garage will just be for car parts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

George, I am with you on much of this. Fortunately my 350 already has the open gear linkage (which sealed the deal for me initially purchasing the car) and personally I would always want to retain a manual rather than DSG (it’s not a daily driver for me) but the 430 Cup rear diffuser and newer style front access panel are definitely on my list. I plan to go carbon for the front panel as it works with my red/black colour scheme. Eventually I also plan to fit a carbon roof and rear access hatch (I like the look of the one Eltech do) so it would all hopefully go together nicely.

What supplier would you use for the front access panel? I assume Lotus for the rear diffuser? £600 for that doesn’t sound like the usual daylight robbery!

The SSC wing looks great too and I totally agree that Cup R spec is too much of a pain for decent road use. What are the supports like with that?

Making the interior nicer is at the bottom of my list. At the moment it still looks virtually brand new so I plan to leave it until it gets a bit tired and then do a re-trim.

Before any of the above however I am planning to get the rest of my 2bular kit fitted (which is currently at Zircotec getting a Performance White coating) and do a TVS1900 upgrade. Trying to decide/justify whether to go regular or charge cooled... 🤷‍♂️

Finally thanks for the cracking thread as usual. Always a fun an informative read!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

George, you say there are people out there trying to make a DSG box fit the Exige. Any idea how far they’ve got so far? Have they given anything away at all?

If they do manage it, I’m guessing it’ll be a £10-15k mod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GFWilliams

you still have good work ahead of you to program and I'm sure they'll make your baby look even better, already beautiful ...

- have you ever thought, at this point, of making a sequential gear that you can also use on the road ?

- and make a motor cover ( CUP R fiberglass ) and rear wing from eltech with supports of the 380 CUP anodized in black ?

- and make a new roof with a superior air intake ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

George, I am with you on much of this. Fortunately my 350 already has the open gear linkage (which sealed the deal for me initially purchasing the car) and personally I would always want to retain a manual rather than DSG (it’s not a daily driver for me) but the 430 Cup rear diffuser and newer style front access panel are definitely on my list. I plan to go carbon for the front panel as it works with my red/black colour scheme. Eventually I also plan to fit a carbon roof and rear access hatch (I like the look of the one Eltech do) so it would all hopefully go together nicely.

What supplier would you use for the front access panel? I assume Lotus for the rear diffuser? £600 for that doesn’t sound like the usual daylight robbery!

The SSC wing looks great too and I totally agree that Cup R spec is too much of a pain for decent road use. What are the supports like with that?

Making the interior nicer is at the bottom of my list. At the moment it still looks virtually brand new so I plan to leave it until it gets a bit tired and then do a re-trim.

Before any of the above however I am planning to get the rest of my 2bular kit fitted (which is currently at Zircotec getting a Performance White coating) and do a TVS1900 upgrade. Trying to decide/justify whether to go regular or charge cooled... 🤷‍♂️

Finally thanks for the cracking thread as usual. Always a fun an informative read!

I personally think DSG would improve the car, in the same way that PDK has for the GT3RS. It's a personal thing, but for lap times, it's a good thing, and I don't think it would take away from the character of the car at all. In fact I think it would add to the uniqueness of my car.

For front access panel, I think I'd use Elise-parts. They are Win-ace supplied parts and seem good.

Supports for the SSC wing look the same as factory 380 wing. 

My interior makes my car so much nicer. I think finishing it off would help a lot. Remember it's where you spend most of the time with the car!  I might change the black air vents out for silver ones to lift the interior a little.

Personally I'd wait to go CC or don't go TVS1900 at all.  I think it's a waste of money to go for the non CC option, as covered in the other threads many times :)

6 hours ago, Gordon S said:

George, you say there are people out there trying to make a DSG box fit the Exige. Any idea how far they’ve got so far? Have they given anything away at all?

If they do manage it, I’m guessing it’ll be a £10-15k mod. 

Not heard huge amounts apart from being told development is going well.  No one has told me what costs to expect, but the actual boxes aren't too expensive, so the cost is in installation, any custom brackets needed, and software development time. £10k fair to assume, but I think it would have as much of an impact on the car as the 460 kit did, so worth that IMO.

4 hours ago, NANO said:

@GFWilliams

you still have good work ahead of you to program and I'm sure they'll make your baby look even better, already beautiful ...

- have you ever thought, at this point, of making a sequential gear that you can also use on the road ?

- and make a motor cover ( CUP R fiberglass ) and rear wing from eltech with supports of the 380 CUP anodized in black ?

- and make a new roof with a superior air intake ?

Sequential gearboxes are fantastic on track, but on the road they're just too extreme for me. I've spent a few weeks with a Caterham 620R, and while it suits that application, it would ruin an Exige for me.

I don't really want to use Eltech, too many long waits and problems reported by others.  The problem with a lot of engine covers is that they prevent rear visibility, and I think if you use a car a lot that this is essential. Also, I think the uprights from Eltech look awful, the factory ones are so much better.

Nothing wrong with the side intake, it's still producing 460hp. Roof scoop unnecessary IMO and would just add drag to the car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you do the front access panel in carbon, for me, you need the carbon front lip and carbon side intakes too.  This is the whole reason as to way I painted the side intakes and the 380 front access panel in gloss black, to stay consistent with all the other black bits (window surround, mirror mount, wing mounts, fuel filler surround, etc.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can tell you that few V6s have received the shiftR system, not in the uk weirdly enough. I have been in contact with inokinetic, until they told me the delivery fee was 600 pounds or so ... from there I gave up, now if we are 3 people who want to get it, we could make a group order and share the fee ? :) I have someone ready to try to fit here in the midland. Otherwise I have an address in France, they already done it a few times, just need to drive there  ....

That access panel painted looks very complicated and in line with the face design.

So you sold your wing, and now buying an other one ? I know this is suppose to be a 380 end plate copy cat, but it is not close at all in term of surface on these pictures ... It is much cheaper though, so you have to accept that fact I guess ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chumaxa said:

I can tell you that few V6s have received the shiftR system, not in the uk weirdly enough. I have been in contact with inokinetic, until they told me the delivery fee was 600 pounds or so ... from there I gave up, now if we are 3 people who want to get it, we could make a group order and share the fee ? :) I have someone ready to try to fit here in the midland. Otherwise I have an address in France, they already done it a few times, just need to drive there  ....

That access panel painted looks very complicated and in line with the face design.

So you sold your wing, and now buying an other one ? I know this is suppose to be a 380 end plate copy cat, but it is not close at all in term of surface on these pictures ... It is much cheaper though, so you have to accept that fact I guess ..

I’m in California at the moment so might be able to take it home in a suitcase instead of needing postage.... still undecided though!

I sold the old big wing as I needed the money at the time. I also wasn’t a big fan of the end plate design. 

To me, the SSC wing is the most viable option for me. I think the quality is good, and from what I’ve heard it’s very good.

6 hours ago, alias23 said:

Told you it wouldn’t be long till you had a big wing again!

Looking forward to you actually spending time and money on track this year with me vs buying sparkley helmets and Halfords pinstripes 😜

I’m not 100% decided on the wing, not sure I want to be part of the gay club again yet 🌈

Track time soon, in fact I’m at Goodwood on the 1st June as soon as I’m back from the US.

6 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

:sofa:

Dayum!

Could be worse - spend it on Gold wheels 🤣

Yeah, that would be worse. 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chumaxa said:

I can tell you that few V6s have received the shiftR system, not in the uk weirdly enough. I have been in contact with inokinetic, until they told me the delivery fee was 600 pounds or so ... from there I gave up, now if we are 3 people who want to get it, we could make a group order and share the fee ? :) I have someone ready to try to fit here in the midland. Otherwise I have an address in France, they already done it a few times, just need to drive there  ....

That access panel painted looks very complicated and in line with the face design.

So you sold your wing, and now buying an other one ? I know this is suppose to be a 380 end plate copy cat, but it is not close at all in term of surface on these pictures ... It is much cheaper though, so you have to accept that fact I guess ..

I’m in California at the moment so might be able to take it home in a suitcase instead of needing postage.... still undecided though!

I sold the old big wing as I needed the money at the time. I also wasn’t a big fan of the end plate design. 

To me, the SSC wing is the most viable option for me. I think the quality is good, and from what I’ve heard it’s very good.

6 hours ago, alias23 said:

Told you it wouldn’t be long till you had a big wing again!

Looking forward to you actually spending time and money on track this year with me vs buying sparkley helmets and Halfords pinstripes 😜

I’m not 100% decided on the wing, not sure I want to be part of the gay club again yet 🌈

Track time soon, in fact I’m at Goodwood on the 1st June as soon as I’m back from the US.

6 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

:sofa:

Dayum!

Could be worse - spend it on Gold wheels 🤣

Yeah, that would be worse. 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GFWilliams, just take the straight komotec wing.. You just know what you'll get and it works and looks great. You could even stick some other endplates on it if necessary. 

For me personally this is the only real solution because i can get german TÜV on it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

I’m in California at the moment so might be able to take it home in a suitcase instead of needing postage.... still undecided though!

I sold the old big wing as I needed the money at the time. I also wasn’t a big fan of the end plate design. 

To me, the SSC wing is the most viable option for me. I think the quality is good, and from what I’ve heard it’s very good.

I’m not 100% decided on the wing, not sure I want to be part of the gay club again yet 🌈

Track time soon, in fact I’m at Goodwood on the 1st June as soon as I’m back from the US.

Yeah, that would be worse. 😬

Well, would you take 2 in your suit case then ? :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, alias23 said:

Told you it wouldn’t be long till you had a big wing again!

Looking forward to you actually spending time and money on track this year with me vs buying sparkley helmets and Halfords pinstripes 😜

@alias23 Don't hate the sparkly helmets! Although the mis matched pinstripes are next level classiness 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GFWilliams I have heard from SSC that they are engineering a full custom retrofit linkage that looks the same as the linkage from the 410/430 for the earlier exige v6's. So that could be another option in the future. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tomprout said:

Would be nice to have some pictures of the kit installed. 😉

+ 1    :thumbup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion a must upgrade if you go for the EX460 and regularly track your car.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, tomprout said:

Would be nice to have some pictures of the kit installed. 😉

Will do my best to, although depends if I end up staying while they install it. Debating whether I get some 380 Cup carbon side pods to install while one side is off the car anyway...

12 hours ago, NW76 said:

In my opinion a must upgrade if you go for the EX460 and regularly track your car.

I haven't done huge amounts of trackdays, but intend to do more this year.  I have Spa booked for 1st October and would like to do Donnington and Snetterton over summer.  I'll likely book Silverstone over winter when it's a bit cheaper again, would like to do it just after it gets the new surface... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Will do my best to, although depends if I end up staying while they install it. Debating whether I get some 380 Cup carbon side pods to install while one side is off the car anyway.... 

Thought the 380 Cup side intakes were not real carbon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Will do my best to, although depends if I end up staying while they install it. Debating whether I get some 380 Cup carbon side pods to install while one side is off the car anyway...

I haven't done huge amounts of trackdays, but intend to do more this year.  I have Spa booked for 1st October and would like to do Donnington and Snetterton over summer.  I'll likely book Silverstone over winter when it's a bit cheaper again, would like to do it just after it gets the new surface... 

Donnington 12th August with Lotus On Track 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RRSSS said:

Thought the 380 Cup side intakes were not real carbon?

OEM 380 Cup side pods are not real carbon.

The ones from Elise-Shop are real carbon.

https://www.elise-shop.com/exige-v6-380-cup-side-vent-cover-carbon-fibre-exige-v6-p-503461.html?zenid=251af575a00c7675346900108873b904

 

EV6SSCCUP_LRG.jpg

1 hour ago, RedViper said:

Donnington 12th August with Lotus On Track 👍

I don't like sessioned days, much prefer open pitlane :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordon, do you know if those scoops are wider than the standard 350 ones?


Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...