free hit
counters
GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 53 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
GFWilliams

GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

On 31/07/2019 at 22:46, GFWilliams said:

The finished interior!  A few more things planned for another stage, but I'm incredibly happy for now!

Very beautiful interior. I hope that one day I will see the car in real life 😀

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Small update - bought a "380 style" OEM front access panel.  Unfortunately without the grill, so I'm going to try to sort myself as the price from Lotus is silly (plus they don't have them in stock). Challenge will be to make it curve up, as per the OEM, but I have some ideas thanks to @alias23.

The access panel will be painted liquid yellow as I don't think it suits my car in carbon (pic from a test a while ago).

IMG_2484.JPG

I'm of two minds on these from a style perspective. And of course the expense involved 😁 have you seen one body coloured?

51 minutes ago, MAG said:

I'm of two minds on these from a style perspective. And of course the expense involved 😁 have you seen one body coloured?

George will be painting it yellow I believe. I think he did a render in the thread somewhere but I can't be bothered to scroll 50 pages for ya! 

I think unless it's carbon, it should be body coloured.

I don't have any gloss black on the car at the moment, but it'll be done in yellow with some black detailing. I won't post my renders as I don't think they will do it justice.  Not sure when it'll be done yet, the grill is ordered, so I want to get that sorted before it's painted.

On 12/08/2019 at 02:24, GFWilliams said:

Small update - bought a "380 style" OEM front access panel.  Unfortunately without the grill, so I'm going to try to sort myself as the price from Lotus is silly (plus they don't have them in stock). Challenge will be to make it curve up, as per the OEM, but I have some ideas thanks to @alias23.

The access panel will be painted liquid yellow as I don't think it suits my car in carbon (pic from a test a while ago).

IMG_2484.JPG

Looking good George!   

Where's the best place to get one of those access panels?

TIA.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

2 minutes ago, Jack said:

Looking good George!   

Where's the best place to get one of those access panels?

TIA.

I got mine second hand from someone, I think best aftermarket option is probably Eltech-Italia.  If you want OEM, then order from Lotus :)

On 12/08/2019 at 11:24, GFWilliams said:

IMG_2484.JPG

Should have bought a 380 😉😉😉

looking good mate👍👍

4 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Should have bought a 380 😉😉😉

looking good mate👍👍

Nah, should have bought a 350 or 410. 

But the cost to upgrade is mental and I’ve spent too much on my car, plus Liquid Yellow doesn’t look as good on them for some reason. (Which is why I’m painting parts)

32 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Nah, should have bought a 350 or 410. 

But the cost to upgrade is mental and I’ve spent too much on my car, plus Liquid Yellow doesn’t look as good on them for some reason. (Which is why I’m painting parts)

Actually think the carbon front would look good, it seems to from the photo...yeah, mental to upgrade, but the 380 still the best looking, especially the Cup (I should have bought one) imho 😍😍😍😍

On 12/08/2019 at 10:24, GFWilliams said:

IMG_2484.JPG

I think the black suits it. You can have too much of a good thing (liquid yellow)

• Thanks 1

I think it really suits your cars as is - as Lotus (or Prodrive) intended, in beautifully formed Carbon Fibre. Problem is the slippery "carbon panels everywhere" route starts ......and it gets v expensive, v quickly.

Edited by steveoexige

23 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

The first production spec mirror stalks are done. This set will be for @alias23!

Better note show my Mrs these she’ll want some for the dining room.... modern art an’ all that. 

Look good mate, great effort👍👍👍👍👍

Edited by Bibs

On 13/08/2019 at 07:12, GFWilliams said:

I got mine second hand from someone, I think best aftermarket option is probably Eltech-Italia.  If you want OEM, then order from Lotus :)

Thanks for the info.

I've heard so many horror stories of dealing with Eltech, I was thinking of going with Elise-Parts' version.... do you have an opinion on their access panel offering?  

Your thoughts would be welcome.  TIA

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

1 hour ago, Jack said:

Thanks for the info.

I've heard so many horror stories of dealing with Eltech, I was thinking of going with Elise-Parts' version.... do you have an opinion on their access panel offering?  

I believe both are good, but the Eltech mould was made using the original factory part.

15 hours ago, Jack said:

Thanks for the info.

Details for the eltech panel can be found here: