free hit
counters
GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 54 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
GFWilliams

GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

I admit I was sceptical at first, but that picture has just about convinced me. Good work!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

amazing pics, as always.. 😉 I remember myself during christmas 18' going through this whole thread and later in January driving 1200kms in - 15c in my new Exige from Germany. 

Its amazing how many mods you did to the car and it is still getting better and better. 

you have nitrons 3 way? I am thinking about pulling a trigger on them, but I drive mostly alpine B roads.. so

66356503_2764802256882472_8163467429251383296_o.jpg

On 20/08/2019 at 05:54, GFWilliams said:

I really love the new look, feel it’s given the front end a nice facelift!

16206B72-EA5E-4403-90D9-6D2A4627BA4C.jpeg

Have to agree with that, the front looks miles better..

Generally I am not a fan of the 'spotted' type messages as they can sound a bit creepy.

But I think I saw you heading into town on the A3 this morning with the roof off GF and to give credit where its due, the car did look v cool.

I was going the other way in a British Racing Green F80 M3.

1 hour ago, Five50 said:

Generally I am not a fan of the 'spotted' type messages as they can sound a bit creepy.

But I think I saw you heading into town on the A3 this morning with the roof off GF and to give credit where its due, the car did look v cool.

I was going the other way in a British Racing Green F80 M3.

Thank you for the kind words, I was on my way up to Classics and Cake, a car event at the Duke of London. Really cool venue, and added bonus was that my parents came along too in the Speedster!

Rare I have the roof off and I'm totally sun burnt because of it!  Hard top can go back on tomorrow... 

GFW_7080web.thumb.jpg.5e7e54592ce528b3e5a9ddb5f689f148.jpg

Exciting day today, the 430 Cup diffuser arrived!  Thanks to Chris at Bell & Colvill for being so patient with me asking for updates so often for when it might arrive!

GFW_7298web.thumb.jpg.f15acd0a6b09920edbc198a603dc204a.jpg

First things first, I cleaned it all properly and applied permanent trim restorer from Gtechniq. @MrP_ would be proud!

Once that had all set, I set to work removing the old diffuser and installing the new.

For reference, this is the old diffuser:

GFW_7294web.thumb.jpg.bf8dd52cbee4073d37b018f78a829e59.jpg

It weighed in at 3.84kg

IMG_7164web.thumb.jpg.cda9da8bcfbcf8665e259508158043ba.jpg

So how much of a weight saving was it?   160 grams.  Luckily I wasn't doing it for the weight saving... 

IMG_3407web.thumb.jpg.15082e332ed086a08cd2694775dbe554.jpg

It was pretty straight forward to fit. First of all, bolt in the top grill, then the diffuser just bolted into place.  I changed the bolts to proper stainless black coated, countersunk bolts with proper washers. I figure now is a good time.

GFW_7303web.thumb.jpg.95317ee2898b6d1a1c4d0ec6934833e1.jpg

GFW_7304web.thumb.jpg.f3d2902930d2282d9b6e6cacf3a05d93.jpg

Overall, I'm very happy!  Will take some better photos later today, need to re-install my GRP lights as I removed them for the MOT (MOTs have got stricter, so a good MOT place will fail on any aftermarket lights).  I also had to have a nummberplate with the postcode of the place which made it for the test.  Amazingly, the car flew through this year, with no issues on emissions which it had the year before.  I made an effort to make sure the sports cat was very hot which I think helped.

IMG_0617web.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

First things first, I cleaned it all properly and applied permanent trim restorer from Gtechniq. @MrP_ would be proud!

Damn right, I’d ceramic coat the kids if I could get the grease off them long enough!

New diffuser looks great, much more aggressive than the original!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First parts of the OEM 350 exposed linkage have arrived. B&C have been great in sorting things for me as always.

I've booked in with Dan at HPE who was very open, helpful and inspired confidence. 

I don't think it will be the most straight forward install in the world, but I know it's possible and have a very good idea of how. There's a chance we will have to make some custom parts to make it work, so I feel I'm in very safe hands with Dan.

IMG_3822.JPG

IMG_2567.JPG

IMG_1806.JPG

• Like 2

Very interested to hear how this works out!

The design looks very similar to the parts of the alitech kit (minus the cage).

You’ll be good with Dan at HPE can’t recommend him enough and it’s great to see him venturing more and more in to the V6 platform. Honest chap, fair rates, and you just know he treats your car like it’s his own. 

I’m assuming you’ll get him to do his upgrade to the rear linkage at the same time. Had mine done last week and it did feel better last night at Donington.

www.alias23.com

What the world’s been waiting for...!

keep us in the loop...

Tho I also wonder if you took out the standard v6 cabin gear linkage housing / cover and replaced it with the open shifter outer structure and didn’t actually change any moving parts - how different would it look??

Ok it would probably look cr8p!!

On 30/08/2019 at 12:24, alias23 said:

Very interested to hear how this works out!

The design looks very similar to the parts of the alitech kit (minus the cage).

You’ll be good with Dan at HPE can’t recommend him enough and it’s great to see him venturing more and more in to the V6 platform. Honest chap, fair rates, and you just know he treats your car like it’s his own. 

I’m assuming you’ll get him to do his upgrade to the rear linkage at the same time. Had mine done last week and it did feel better last night at Donington.

What is the HPE rear linkage mod please?

9 hours ago, RedViper said:

What is the HPE rear linkage mod please?

I don’t believe it’s rocket science but best to give Dan a call to better explain :)

www.alias23.com

Nice, post some pictures all installed pls. Also, a review on how the new shifter works! 

• Like 1

Saw that on Dan's instagram feed tonight. He's miles from me but I've known him "forever" via the (now dead) evo mag forum. Great to see him doing more outside of Honda build (epic as they invariably are).

Well done.  That looks great. Really interested to see more on this. Lotus point blank told me it wasn’t possible (probably to sell more 350s).

obviously it’s not polite to ask how much something’s costs but.... what ball park are we in? £1k / £2k?

10 minutes ago, alias23 said:

You’re looking at £2-3k I would suspect

Crikey. I just looked on deroure and it’s £748 ex Vat just for shifter! 

Those Fiesta ST's.... nearly had you! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

www.alias23.com