free hit
counters
GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 63 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

GFWilliams Liquid Yellow, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Mine is 8m high - plenty tall enough for four post lifts.  It's 12m long and 6m wide.  Fit's my two small plastic cars lovely. :)

@EldonZ - you need to remember that the UK is only half the size of one US state, land mass wise. You have 50 of them and only 5 times the population. So land is a bit tight here.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

@C8RKHI do know how small the UK is, I have driven there, because I'm always impressed when you guys talk about traveling a couple of hours is a drive. I use to drive 6 hours to just go play with my race cars. Also, I was just "Poking the Bear" a little, too! 😀

• Gold FFM

@EldonZ you can poke my bear anytime you want bud! :)

Listen, in the UK, a lot of people think a 2 mile drive to their nearest retail park is a family "day out" in the car. You see them at the weekend. Family day out. Getting out of their German cars in the car park. Wife dressed to impress with enough makeup to repair any cracks in a very large wall. Husband, under the thumb, in his sports jacket, polo shirt, jeans/chino's and tan (orange) brogues with the "commando soles" (in the summer they get to ditch the jacket and can turn their Polo shirt collar up for the Rugger/Tennis club look - it's like a new national uniform for blokes) and then the kids jump out the back dressed for church in their finest. They all then go inside to pray in the Retail Cathedral as a "family". I have no idea WTF all that is about but no doubt many of the blokes on here will be going "that [email protected] is taking the piss out of me as we do that every week"......    hahahahahaha....  (doubt any will be brave enough to admit it's them though  -they usually have two seats in the rear of the Evora though so easy to spot  :rofl:).

Thankfully my wife ain't a shopper and we NEVER forced our kids to be dragged around the shops at the weekend. They thank us for that now.  But it's a good job as the nearest retail park to us is about 15 miles away and it means that at the weekend I can regularly go out for 4-6 hour drives to nowhere in my Lotus - anywhere in fact that I can find somewhere on the route that has real good proper coffee and a well buttered toasted teacake or warm home made scone! And of course, because everyone's at the Retail Park the roads are empty :)

I'm envious of the space you guys have in the US and don't mind admitting it. You have some wonderful roads too running through some seriously beautiful scenery to enjoy. Nope. I'm not jealous. Not at all.....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

@C8RKHI would agree that we are spoiled and blessed with a massive chunk of this planet to call home. Just remember, if it wasn't for your "Crown", this chunk of land might still be part of your land! 😜 I like owning land, currently about 3.5 acres. It helps to keep the neighbors at bay and a place to build a large shop to house and work on the toys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nordschleife666 said:

Is this photoshoped?  Why there is no separation between the top piece of the front clam and the side piece behind the wheel?

Well spotted, it’s habit as I often do it with commercial photography as cars look a lot better without horrible shut lines! It means the viewer looks at the bits that matter, not shut lines

• Like 1

Forgive me being late on this, but just catching up on the purple discussion. I adore purple cars - thanks for the instgram link.

I'm about to paint the new bits on my Model T speedster in Lotus Aubergine (the Elise S1 colour, but without any glitter). And I've had two other purple cars in the past. A Smart FourTwo back around year 2000 that was in Lamborghini Viola (the Jay Kay Diablo Colour) and a Caterham R500 K series that was Lamborghini Viola Ophelia.

The Ophelia is a really gorgeous colour and one I'd happily have again. My wife has seen McLaren's Amethyst Black in the flesh and says it's utterly beautiful with a staggering depth to it, and I'd certainly get a paint sample of Ferrari Vinaccia to look at before making any future decision.

FWIW the purple is a much better idea than pink.

Also, loving the shadow chrome paint on your wheels.

38 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Has anyone tried one of these?  I'm getting a bit fed up of driving down the road with my indicators left on...
https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/hawk-dashboard-display-unit-light-module-sumddu/ 

Have you swapped out your indicator relay for an audible clicking one? That sorted my persistent... err... flashing issue...! I bought one of these, relay is under the dash and a quick job to sort:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333325170895

• Like 1