free hit
counters
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 15 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
32 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

On a different note, I got my Christmas tree today...

This is WOW. I thought noone can beat my Christmas tree delivery in an open boot of the red Evo9 last weekend, but this definitely tops it! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I thought the advice was not to use  harness with airbag. I got a removable wheel when I put my harnesses in and getting in and out is 10x easier for a fat lump like me!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

8 hours ago, NW76 said:

Are you planning to get an airbag delete and removeable steering wheel when you get the B6 or do you think one can still get in and out ok with the Airbag steering wheel? Thinking about it as well ...

No, going to stick with the standard airbag wheel for now.  No issues getting in and out for me, but I'm 25 and pretty mobile... 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

No, going to stick with the standard airbag wheel for now.  No issues getting in and out for me, but I'm 25 and pretty mobile... 

@GFWilliams Thanks! Your giving me hope that this is a doable mod for me as well ... removing the Airbag wheel is a big headache in Germany ...

@alias23 @Arun_D what do you guys think? Is climbing in and out still doable?

25 minutes ago, NW76 said:

@GFWilliams Thanks! Your giving me hope that this is a doable mod for me as well ... removing the Airbag wheel is a big headache in Germany ...

Their cars are impossible to get in as they have the seats so far forwards :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NW76 said:

Unlike @GFWilliams who from memory is 2.5m, im 1m 73cm or something in that range in terms of height, so my seat is far forward, plus with the high bolster sides of the B6 I found I needed a quick release steering wheel. I do love it.

• Thanks 1

www.alias23.com

3 hours ago, alias23 said:

Unlike @GFWilliams who from memory is 2.5m, im 1m 73cm or something in that range in terms of height, so my seat is far forward, plus with the high bolster sides of the B6 I found I needed a quick release steering wheel. I do love it.

I always move the seats as far back as they go when getting in and out of both my Lotus's... saves giving myself an injury :D

1 minute ago, bennyT said:

I always move the seats as far back as they go when getting in and out of both my Lotus's... saves giving myself an injury :D

Cant really move the seat back and forth when you've got the Tilletts - They're fixed mounted ;)

www.alias23.com

1 minute ago, Arun_D said:

Personally, I manage getting out of my B6 without removing the wheel but it's only just do-able with the seat as far forward as I have it.

Yes but you did like my driving position better... as you can at least see over the steering wheel ;)

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

On ‎11‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 10:50, NW76 said:

Ulli: I am thinking of getting those as well but I am torn in between the B6 and the B5 ... have you looked at the B6 as well? Are you getting customized pads? 

Hi Norbert, yes, I have tried both B5 and B6 in an Exige S2. B6 is no option für me because I would like to keep the seat belts for road use which is only possible with the B5. As far as I can tell after trying them only in a parked car I would say they both support very well. There is the option to keep the seat runner of the driver's seat, so getting in and out of the car shouldn't be a problem, at least with the B5s.

Have you already tried Tillet seats yourself? Most other seats are to wide for me, the Tillets are not. I am 1.75m short and try to keep my weight below 67kgs (must not eat to much chocolate spread ;-) ).

I'd like to get the seats padded, with black and yellow alcantara and embroided Lotus Logos on the head rest so every German police officer can instantly see they are standard. :lol: AFAIK it is not possible to really make them road legal in Germany, which is a pity.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I like it too. I have that setup in my VX, a lovely wheel to use on the track. Feels great.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

5 hours ago, Swiss380Cup said:

Great fun and great to get in and out of the car easily... to get rid of the airbag light, a resistance is put in place instead (Lotus technical note).... I love it.... I really feel like I'm a champ :):):) And I have 6 point harness on standard 380 Cup seats

IMG_5798.JPG

IMG_5799.JPG

Like it very much... were did you get the Carbon Dashboard Covers? Is that OEM now?