free hit
counters
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 19 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I paid £159 for a total refurb as the original quality of the leather was poor (very wrinkled by the horn) so it was black Alcantara with black leather and black stitching with a yellow 12o’clock.

When I phoned up wanting the 430 Alcantara wheel I was quoted over £800. 

Havent seen this in the flesh but been told it’s every bit as good quality and finish wise.

That’s good value at £159!!! Did you send it to the trimmer or hand deliver? I’m up in Scotland.....the thought of sending mine even though I’ve probably no other option scares me a tad. One other thing removal of the wheel - is that a straightforward process taking into consideration the airbag within? Thanks for your help incidentally 

2 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

That’s good value at £159!!! Did you send it to the trimmer or hand deliver? I’m up in Scotland.....the thought of sending mine even though I’ve probably no other option scares me a tad. One other thing removal of the wheel - is that a straightforward process taking into consideration the airbag within? Thanks for your help incidentally 

Jack does both. You can collect in person OR you can pay a deposit and keep your wheel in/on the car whilst he trims a second wheel at his shop. When it's done, he will send it to you and you send your current one back to him as a blank - Be sure to check you're getting a like for like wheel, as some cars have different wheels through model years - My 370z being one of them! 

I can't help you with the removal though - It's usually fairly simple though. 

My dealer (Hofmanns) did it all for me so no idea how easy it is to remove.

jack has a great reputation so I wouldn’t worry about sending it to him. Mine was sent and received via courier.

i am fussy so we left it with jack for a few weeks as I was in no rush but he can turn it around in a week I believe.

• Thanks 1

It's very easy to remove the steering wheel:
Disconnect the battery in the boot
Remove two Allen key bolts in the side of the steering wheel then pull airbag out
Disconnect wires for airbag (easiest to get at the ones on the actual airbag) and horn
Remove airbag
Undo 4 Allen key bolts inside the wheel (not sure if this is different because I have a komo-tec spacer but I assume not) then the wheel will come off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey George. It was nice seeing your images in pride of place on the Tillets stand at Autosport International.  Steve Elliot (GM) saw me smiling, so I said "That's George's car isn't it?". Had a good chat, sounds like you had a very productive visit. They're super chuffed with the images.

We had a good discussion about getting our B2s in the Caterham retrimmed with removable/swappable back pads, so that Alex, my wife can have a band of extra lumbar support. Sounds ideal.

15 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

@MartynB - Tillett have been great and are going above and beyond with my new seats, trying some stitching options to see if they're possible with the pads. I've really enjoyed working with them, although they're very very difficult things to photograph!

Edit:
Their new brochure...

Yeah, The family of angles on a concave, gloss carbon fibre "spoon" has got to be one of the worst!

And yeah, picked up that fine brochure :thumbup:

On 04/01/2018 at 17:16, BatMobile said:

I think Hofmann’s have warned him how ocd I am so it’s taken longer than expected but I don’t care as I wouldn’t be driving it anyway.

£159 all in and will post some pics when I get it back.

website isn’t good as you say, the lotus pics takes you to jaguar! 

Design is below but i have opted for a yellow stripe at 12o'clock.

IMG_1240.jpg

@BatMobile : I react only now, but what is this binnacle top ? I assume it is an aftermarket one, but it can be interesting with a 8" "Garw" display ?! please let us know who makes it ...

@French Frie This is the 430 cup stock photo rather than my car unfortunately. 

I do however like where your head is at. This would look great if it can house an 8" garw. 

Will have a look if any aftermarket companies make it and if so, what dimensions it could take display wise. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, French Frie said:

@BatMobile : I react only now, but what is this binnacle top ? I assume it is an aftermarket one, but it can be interesting with a 8" "Garw" display ?! please let us know who makes it ...

You would have to cut the carbon to make the 8" Garw fit. As said above, that's factory carbon

Knobs are black in the 2nd pic mate. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, NW76 said:

wow ... how do they fit and feel?!? 

They’re super wide on the wheels. I won’t drive my car until my new Nitrons and Tillett seats arrive which is expected to be mid-end Feb so I can’t say until then. Not driving the car is killing me, but I want it to be perfect next time I drive it!

I’ve of course driven the 430 Cup which has the same and there was lots of grip and they seemed like great tyres so I’m confident I’ll be happy!

F65E40EB-AB7E-42CD-98B1-0BA932FA6D55.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NW76 said:

Wow ... will be interesting ... they do not fit on the standard Lotus forged wheels???

The standard lotus forged wheels require a 3mm spacer.  The 380 and 430 Cup have different subframe and damper top to the cars before them. There is a chance that the tyre will rub on the damper, but I am hoping it won’t! Need the Nitrons to arrive to find out...