free hit
counters
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 75 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

Could you have the 4 settings be left right brake/accel? Then use a yaw sensor to trigger the different modes?

I saw an on track video with the old coilovers above and the tractive below and the camera bouncing around was almost eliminated with the tractive....

Just can't find that bloody video anymore all I can find is the focus rs on autobahn one....

Edited by DangerousDave

You've built yourself an impressive machine, not just optically but also technically. Replacing a already good Nitron with something better 🤯 What should I say with my stock Bilsteins 😬

Purple isn't my color but it looks fabulous still. I like the yellow Lotus letters/logo at the back and the body colored rear hatch particularly.

I hope you don't sell your car anytime soon.

Edit: How many different settings can you have on your wing? The mounts seem to have many holes.

Edited by mayak

@DangerousDave- I have no idea why you’d want to, that’d just add an extra complication.

@mayak - thanks for the kind words, car will hopefully never be for sale. Very much built as a keeper!   

The rear wing has lots of different holes to allow pitch to be adjusted between -4 degrees and 14 degrees AOA. I decided to make my uprights a bit simpler with 4 degrees and 8 degrees AOA, then I can drill more holes if I want more options.  Hopefully at some point, I can get on track and see how it affects the balance of the car, and lap times.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

The more I look at those mirrors, the more I dislike them. Really not keen on the raised lip around the edge. For me, they’re ok, but disappointing for the price. 

5 hours ago, Brendonian said:

The more I look at those mirrors, the more I dislike them. Really not keen on the raised lip around the edge. For me, they’re ok, but disappointing for the price. 

Cool, you can stick to your plastic fantastic mirror ;) 

• Haha 1

I have to say being able to zero out the suspension for the straights/potholes and switch back over to more aggressive with corners and the push of a button really is pretty amazing.

On the ohlins TTX with mechatronix it rides like a lexus in the straights

Really interesting read, thanks for taking the time to share, will be great to hear how the system performs on track. 

This will sound odd, but hopefully you've not made it too good to the point of taking out some of the driver interaction. 

• 2 weeks later...

A very well executed piece of work.  I particularly like the wheels and reprofiled front bumper - very effective.

I'd have to disagree with the air vents. In the tropics the ac barely is noticible even with the updated komotec vents. However the problem lies with the exige cabin air mode closed it still lets in 30% of outside air and is not completely sealed. Which is why even my s2000 is way colder than the exige.

Edited by DangerousDave

• 2 weeks later...

It's being looked at by the support team. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 months later...