free hit
counters
KeyFobs! - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Ex Londoner

KeyFobs!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don't get it?

You've solved a problem that didn't need solving? With a key that looks bigger than OEM?

I've ordered one of these things, as the spare key from my Elise is in pretty poor shape. Will do a write-up when it arrives.

What is it exactly, at first glance it looks like just a replacement key topper for the OEM Ignition key, that looks like all it is. After seeing your reply "So a separate fob dangling around with a separate key is smaller in size?" it seems it does something else too? Can you give me some details because I hate the standard keys and cobra fob

5 hours ago, NoRemorse said:

What is it exactly, at first glance it looks like just a replacement key topper for the OEM Ignition key, that looks like all it is. After seeing your reply "So a separate fob dangling around with a separate key is smaller in size?" it seems it does something else too? Can you give me some details because I hate the standard keys and cobra fob

It's simply an integration of the cobra fob and key into one unit.

Does it require any modification to fit the cobra internals or do they drop straight in? How are they secured in place inside? With sticky pads? I cant see any fob buttons in the picture, would be great if you could post closer pictures of both sides 

8 hours ago, NoRemorse said:

Does it require any modification to fit the cobra internals or do they drop straight in? How are they secured in place inside? With sticky pads? I cant see any fob buttons in the picture, would be great if you could post closer pictures of both sides 

Sure, here is the circuit fitted snugly inside.  It may require some minor sanding but should pop straight in and be secure.

IMG_6414.JPG

C2AE2784-47F4-4C31-9C68-FD94F7736010.jpg

• Like 2