free hit
counters
Geometry Settings - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Geometry Settings

Like most Evora owners my rear tyres are wearing on the inner edge which is a characteristic of the car and causing the rear tyres to be changed more frequently than any other sport car.

After having the geometry checked by a Lotus garage and only slight adjustment made I'm still only getting 8.5k miles from a new set of tyres with no track days or heavy driving etc.

i don't mind paying the high price for the Evora tyres but it does bother me that the old tyres still have plenty of tread remaining from the centre to the outer edge but are illegal due to the worn inner edge of the tyre.

Has anyone had their geometry adjusted away from spec to give them better mileage on the rears and if so what are these settings and how much did it effect the handling of the car.

Any advice on geometry setting to get more miles out of my rear tyres would be appreciated.

Best regards

Will 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak to Lotus Silverstone.  6k on my tyres inclusive of Silverstone GP (Trackday thrown in by them) and still looking fine (6mm across the tread on the fronts/6-7mm across on the rears).

Their geo seems spotty dog.  I don't have the paperwork to hand to post a picture of it, if i get time tomorrow i will post it up. 

Thanks for your response Simon, If I could see your setting I could get my aligned to the figures and then see how it goes from there.

I've just taken my locally today for two MPSS fitting from blackcicle. £523.00 and want to see more from the mileage on this set so a good time to adjust the alignment.

Regards

Will

On 26 October 2016 at 23:17, Hedgehogfromhell said:

Speak to Lotus Silverstone.  6k on my tyres inclusive of Silverstone GP (Trackday thrown in by them) and still looking fine (6mm across the tread on the fronts/6-7mm across on the rears).

Their geo seems spotty dog.  I don't have the paperwork to hand to post a picture of it, if i get time tomorrow i will post it up. 

I don't know if Lotus Silverstone changed any get settings on mine before delivery but my experience is very similar to Simon's

Here are the rear tyres (Pirelli Corsas), even wear across the width, 5-6mm left after approx 7000 miles & 3 track days. Driving has been mostly touring with very little town work

image.jpgimage.jpg

Ive been in touch with Silverstone Lotus today and got the settings and good advice from a guy called Matt.

He even located a racing garage locally to me who use the Hunter alignment tool which is what Lotus use which I'm going to arrange a visit and have the alignment checked over and adjusted.

Matt gave me plenty of his time and I would definately recommend Silverstone Lotus.

Regards

Will

On 2016-11-03 at 20:48, Will 1-2-1 said:

Ive been in touch with Silverstone Lotus today and got the settings and good advice from a guy called Matt.

He even located a racing garage locally to me who use the Hunter alignment tool which is what Lotus use which I'm going to arrange a visit and have the alignment checked over and adjusted.

Matt gave me plenty of his time and I would definately recommend Silverstone Lotus.

Regards

Will

So how much different to the settings recommended by Lotus were these? 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response.

The settings I got from Silverstone Lotus for the rears were:

- 1.8 degrees for the camber which is - 1 Deg 48 minutes.

When I had them adjusted last weekend I decided to take some camber off and had them set at - 1 Deg 38 minutes.

I will monitor them for wear and handling. 

Regards

Will