free hit
counters
Elise on 'Wheeler Dealers' - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Elise on 'Wheeler Dealers'

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No problem - are you fully up and running now (apologies if I've not kept up with the story on the forum)? Dave

I was worried it might end up like this

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Good watch but the interesting points was that they said following the head work that the engine 'could' now produce 150bhp rather than it 'would'.

Seeing as they didn't make any changes to the induction or exhaust then my money would be on 'wouldn't!

8 minutes ago, MartinHarris said:

Good watch but the interesting points was that they said following the head work that the engine 'could' now produce 150bhp rather than it 'would'.

Seeing as they didn't make any changes to the induction or exhaust then my money would be on 'wouldn't!

Hi Martin.

The car did actually end up with a 4-2-1 manifold, sports cat and exhaust.  Also an ITG Maxogen kit.  So it probably wasn't too far off in the end.

It's ages since I watched the programme, so can't remember how they played it out - don't forget it is a "telly entertainment" show aimed at the masses :)

Hope your car is going well.

Dave

Well fair enough then - but pretty sure they didn't mention that!

Actually on the point of my car - am starting to hanker after more power so may well be coming back to you shortly for some new cams, and an emerald (and possibly some bigger valves if thats possible...??). :devil:

15 hours ago, MartinHarris said:

Well fair enough then - but pretty sure they didn't mention that!

Actually on the point of my car - am starting to hanker after more power so may well be coming back to you shortly for some new cams, and an emerald (and possibly some bigger valves if thats possible...??). :devil:

TV artisitic licence I think!   I drove the car when it came back to us from the chap who bought it on the show, he was emigrating so we re-sold the car.  It drove really well, especially as they fitted a set of JRZs to it too.  Someone got a bargain car with all those upgrades paid for by the production company!

Give us a shout when you want to go through details on upgrades for your car - I am sure we can squeeze some more out of it :)

Dave